'Mr. Wizard, get me the hell out of here!'

This forum is for the X-matrix.net MxO Alliance Usergroup members only. E-mail the group moderator for details on becoming a member so that you can share in the collaboration of The Matrix Online.
OneSec
Commander
Commander

'Mr. Wizard, get me the hell out of here!'

Post by OneSec »

Communications within the MxO are extremely important.

If your working alongside your ship’s crew within the Matrix you will obviously need to stay in touch in order to carry out your mission successfully.

Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment and America Online Incorporated, have teamed up for the MxO, in order to bring these communications to life.

The platform they will be integrating into the system will be AOL ‘Instant Messenger’(‘AIM’). By using AIM it will give the player the real-time communications feel that is needed in such a complex environment.

So when you jack in, if your ship’s crew has a multitude of missions to accomplish, then you can split into teams of 2 or 3 and still stay in touch with the other teams. You’ll be able to alert other crews either by the internet or phone, to join you on missions in the Matrix, and once your all jacked in, you’ll be able to organise meetings with the other ship’s crew’s, very much like the rebels did at the beginning of ‘Reloaded’.
Ghost
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Ghost »

Sounds cool. So you will be able to phone people up all over the world and speak to them to prehaps request an exit or something? should be great! :shock:
"Les Chercheurs" has been created and it is my crew. For anyone who is interested on joining "Les Chercheurs" please PM me or email me. Also you can find more information on the crews homepage http://leschercheurs.bravehost.com
Trinityisdabest
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Trinityisdabest »

oh cool!! i have AIM!! yay. couldn't they have used yahoo though?
OneSec
Commander
Commander

Post by OneSec »

Yahoo doesn't have the capacity to deal with such a large and complex communications environment.

AIMs undoubtedly the best comm's platform for the MxO!
Ghost
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Ghost »

MSN messenger is the best isnt it? Its made by microsoft so they must have a huge data capacity.
"Les Chercheurs" has been created and it is my crew. For anyone who is interested on joining "Les Chercheurs" please PM me or email me. Also you can find more information on the crews homepage http://leschercheurs.bravehost.com
Trinityisdabest
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Trinityisdabest »

i don't like MSN as much..it's good...but it's not as fun to me as AIM and yahoo
Ghost
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Ghost »

I have yahoo too. I dont really like it. I have never seen or used AIM though. Whats it like? is it good?
OneSec
Commander
Commander

Post by OneSec »

AIM does the job.

It's simple to use and very reliable. You hardly ever drop of the platform unlike other comms structures, and what's more it's very quick response and snazzy layout make it a joy to use. :P
Ghost
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Ghost »

AIM sounds quite good! I think il have to get it! Where do you get it? Do u have to pay?
woodley
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Post by woodley »

So wait, you can use AIM to talk to other people in The Matrix as well, or only people in the crew? I love AIM so I hope its both.

And Ghost, I think the only way to get AIM is to get AOL. I am definitly not sure about that, though.
Dean Woodley - www.woodleynet.com - http://deanwoodley.blogspot.com - Mac OS X user, ignore my avatar
Ghost
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Ghost »

Oh i cany have AIM then. Im with freeserve. Wait its called wannadoo now isnt it? I hope you can download AIM when you buy MxO
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

good idea but...

think of it this way.. it can be so easily abused, don't you think? it's like the chat rooms parents will never find...
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
Trug
The Blue Pill
The Blue Pill

Post by Trug »

It's common knowledge that American Online Instant Messaging is used quite often for... innapropriate things.

I for one will not use AIM to communicate through MXO
Agent-Smith
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by Agent-Smith »

That would be really cool if we could all be online at the same time and talk about things. We should make a schedule that fits everybody.
I was compelled to stay- compelled to disobey. And right now, here I stand because of you, Mr. Anderson. Because of you, I'm no longer an Agent of this system. Because of you, I'm unplugged. A new man, sort of speak- like you. Apparently free