TROY

What happens after Revolutions? Is there another Matrix, is there everlasting peace? What were the alternative storylines? What were other characters' stories? Deus Ex, City 01, Apoc, Switch, Merv... Let your imagination go wild in here, maybe even write the Matrix 4 script!...
Boxer R65
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

TROY

Post by Boxer R65 »

Eyes alight in delight for the first time in weeks Troy slammed a meaty palm down onto the table. “That’s the god-damn slam-dunk best joke I heard in over a month Joe. When hell freezes over. Hah! Hah! Gotta remember that one. No one ever tells jokes ‘round here anymore”. He turned on his stool and faced the near empty bar. “ ‘Bout time we all lightened up a bit. Yeah I’m talkin’ to you” Troy said pointing a stern finger at a figure sitting alone and talking to apparently no one. “Time we get back to normal. All of us. Time to get back to normal. Place is freezin’ up with seriousness. That’s the funniest god…..” Just as suddenly Troy stopped and turning back around to face Joe he picked up his beer, downed it and became morose once again. “ I gotta get outta here Joe. I’m leavin’. Headin’ outta town. Tonight matter of fact. Get in my car and headin’ south down route 115 straight outta this place.

“Really?” said Joe. “ Well good for you. But you think that’s such a good idea? Considering the amount of alcohol you’ve been consuming? Why dontchya just walk on home, and get a fresh start in the morning?”

Troy narrowed his eyes and aimed his finger at him.“You god damned punk. Are you telling me what I can or can’t do? Are you? What are ya talkin’ ‘bout anyways? I only had one god damned beer.” Troy looked down at the bar and suddenly noticed the 5 empty beer and 4 shot glasses sitting on the counter. Closing his eyes tightly he felt the burn of dry eyes behind his lids. Opening them he looking directly at the normally placid poker-faced Joe and reeled his head back in surprise and immediately grew strangely still. Joe had disappeared and in his place was a woman bar tender. “So you want to buy everyone another round Troy?” she asked. Troy didn’t answer so she repeated her question. “Are you going to buy everyone another round Troy?” This time he nodded with a dumb slowness that made her hold her breath. She pulled out a small square box the size of an automatic garage door opener and pressed a button repeating her question once again. Troy’s body jerked ever so slightly as if having the smallest of seizures. He came back to life and focused on his old friend’s wife’s face. “Uh, what was that again Sophie?”

“Stupid”, whispered the woman under her breathe as she smiled sweetly at the man they named Troy. “That's ok. You said you want to buy everyone a round. Isn’t that right?”
Trinity16
Trinity
Trinity

Post by Trinity16 »

Umm…well yeah…ee, I really don't know… Um, was there any conection to the matrix in that story? I problably missed it…Like, I don't know what to think as it was a good written story, I didn't find that deeper point in it, exempt the moral, that you shouldn't drink too much…:) ;)
Where do we go when we just don't know
And how do we relight the flame when it's cold
Why do we dream when I thought mean nothing
And when will we learn to control.
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

Troy woke up.. his head pounding. At first he couldn't remember where he was... that last thing he could rememer was Sophie, her tanned face looking slightly pale as she asked him if he wanted to buy more drinks. "What a hangover!" he said soflty to himself. He regreted it immediatly after his head began pounding even harder. He sat up, trying to ignore the pain jerking through his brain. His vision was slightly clouded, but he could make out where he was; Joes' guest bedroom. He saw a bucket beside the bed, filled with vile vomit, which he guessed was one of the results from last night. He walked out into the hall, decorated with peeling rose wallpaper and pictures of Joe and Sophie's wedding. Staggering down the stairs he found his way into the kitchen, which filled his nose with the wonderful aroma of buttermilk pancakes and scrambled eggs. The idea of food made the pain of his hangover seem not so bad...
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
Boxer R65
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by Boxer R65 »

A wave of nausea spun Troy around so he faced the stairway he had just come down instead of the kitchen door. Leaning against the wall he took some slow, deep breathes waiting for the nausea to subside. Here too were more wedding memorobilia running the length of the stairway. Troy had dubbed this the 'the wall of fame' feeling at the moment, like his picture belonged on a wall of shame, probably located on some wall in the basement.

Continuing to breath deeply he looked at the pictures and was visited, as he always was when he walked by this wall, by the nagging unfamiliarity of the event. He recognized himself as Joe’s best man in many of the photos. So he knew he had been there, but he could never really grasp the event in its entirety. Almost like the pictures were telling a truth his body had never experienced. No accompanying emotion that suggested he had had a good time, or not, experienced anxiety or whatever, over the events of the day.

He remembered what Joe had told him when he expressed this puzzling conundrum to him; remembered Joe’s soothing reasonable response rubbing like balm against the gaping wound of this unfelt and un-experienced event.

“Well, Troy, it’s just an event that hasn’t been accepted by you yet. It happens all the time. Like people go out and get married, and not realizing it, feel completely alienated from the event, and it takes days, months, even years for them to realize, truly realize that they’re married with all the ramifications and permutations allotted the event. “

Laughing at his psychiatric-like assessment and formal use of English language- very appropo for a bar-tender, the answer had, none-the-less closed Troy’s wound up sufficiently enough to not make him reflect on it further. Troy didn’t like reflection. Reflection was for sissies. He did however, remember asking Joe if it had sunk in yet; the fact that he, Joe, was married?

"Only, when its my turn to clean the toilet. buddy."

Smiling, in spite of himself and with his head aching, Troy willed himself to turn around and pushing open the kitchen door, put fingers to the space between his eyes and massaged intently.
Last edited by Boxer R65 on Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Guest »

"Cut! CUT!!" This isn't working. He's gotta have a realization - really! This isn't working. Start again and make it real man - wanna see a real live, god-damned freakin' epiphany happen to this guy. DO IT! DO IT NOW!

Post by Guest »

(under breath) This is starting to piss me off

(aloud) "Cut! CUUUUT!!" This isn't working. He's gotta have a realization - really! This isn't working. Start again and make it real man - wanna see a real live, god-damned freakin' epiphany happen to this guy. DO IT! DO IT NOW!
Neotron
Trainee Soldier
Trainee Soldier

Post by Neotron »

Man... those agents are starting to lose their geen code and instead get RED code for being so pissy....

Uncontrollable bitch.
*click*

Dodge this.

BANG!!!!!