The Matrix: What If... Ch 10

What happens after Revolutions? Is there another Matrix, is there everlasting peace? What were the alternative storylines? What were other characters' stories? Deus Ex, City 01, Apoc, Switch, Merv... Let your imagination go wild in here, maybe even write the Matrix 4 script!...
zed
Infantry Soldier
Infantry Soldier

The Matrix: What If... Ch 10

Post by zed »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Morpheus, so we are alone?" Cypher asked. They were all in the elevator.

"Yes, Cypher, we are."

"Wow, so we can't go back huh." Cypher didn't realize the seriousness of this, but he did see an opportunity. Cypher would abandon them whenever he could, and when he could, he would kill Morpheus and Neo. As far as he was concerned those two people would be the destruction of the Matrix. Now he thought about how he would do this: "I would have to kill them all really, or else the rest would come after me..." he thought. He had made up his mind. He could kill them all and abandon them.

They all left the Oracle's appartment building together.

"So what do we do now?" Apoc said.

"We wait at a secure line, that's all we can do. We have to be around incase the Oracle tries to contact. And Niobe..."

"Niobe?" Trinity said, "Why would she be here?"

"Because I can remember something... when I dream. I see an image in my head where we are in the safe place, and two agents come in, and they kill both of us. Shortly later the Virus attacks them and they simply disappear."

Neo keeps walking along, not talking. He is looking inside himself, thinking about what to do. If he is controlled by the Source, he should end it all now, but if he's not, he's destroying mankind's only hope. There was no way he could tell if he was being controlled or not...

--

Cypher walked along the corridors of the warehouse. He had a knife in his hand. Now was his chance to escape this war. He walked slowly up to where Morpheus was sitting. He had his back turned to Cypher.

"Why don't people just sleep in the Matrix?" he thought.

He raised his knife, and just before he stabbed Morpheus, the phone rang, and he ducked behind Morpheus chair.

"Niobe.... No. Ah, you saw the Oracle. Listen, this is not safe to be talking like this over a line. COme to the safe place... ok, goobye." Morpheus said into the phone.

"Geezuz, now I gotta kill another captain," Cypher thought, and slipped away into the shadows. He would get them all later...

--

"Neo, what's wrong?" Trinity asked.

Cypher had just returned, and began talking with Switch and Apoc.

"I don't know. I don't think I can trust myself anymore..." Neo answered.

"What do you mean?"

Trinity and Neo were sitting at an old table in the back room in the warehouse.

"It's just that... I caused the death of millions and millions of people hundreds of years ago, and I don't want to do it again... The Oracle told me-" There was a loud bang. Niobe had just arrived, and she had just slammed the door.

"She told you..."

"Nothing, it's nothing. We should go." Neo said and got up.

Trinity looked at Neo and began to get worried. She didn't even know if the war was worth fighting, Zion could have forgotten about everything, they could have done away with their military gear, anything could have happened. If the war started again, they would surely be destroyed. Maybe we should just leave the Matrix as it is...

"So Niobe, you saw the Oracle-"

"Yes, she told me about the virus Morpheus. What were you thinking!"

"Niobe, don't do this to me please. We are all very afraid and without guidence, but we have the One."

"Yes she told me about him too."

"Niobe, be quiet! I don't want the crew to know about that! He is our hope. I donot want them to lose faith."

"Fine, so what do we do?"

"We should wait for the Oracle to contact us."

With that, the crew all relaxed their minds for a while. None knew what to do. Cypher's chance was now coming...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is purpose that created us- purpose that connects us-purpose that pulls us-that guides us-that drives us-it is purpose that defines-purpose that binds us.