Proposition

What happens after Revolutions? Is there another Matrix, is there everlasting peace? What were the alternative storylines? What were other characters' stories? Deus Ex, City 01, Apoc, Switch, Merv... Let your imagination go wild in here, maybe even write the Matrix 4 script!...
Trug
The Blue Pill
The Blue Pill

Post by Trug »

Apollo wrote:
Trug wrote:
Trix wrote:Eh.. not that I'm one to talk right now since recently I've been absent from the contributions, but as an interjection, I think we need to slow this whole Dustin/Trix romance sub-plot thing down. First of all, the girl doesn't fall too easily, second, we've already seen the makings of a future Syntax/Veronica romance sub-plot, and more than one will just turn this drama-series type of fan-fiction into the makings of a full-fledged soap opera.

Please. :cry:
Think of the Trixes.
And of what the children would look like... O.O
If its a soap it probably wouldn't be yours but your evil long lost twin brother...
*gasp* DRAKE!!! HOW COULD YOU!!! *bitchslap*
In the shadow of a memory, life becomes legend.
Existence goes on, but the myth will never end.
Passing down the story to the next of kin.
I'm kept here in the darkness, where I have always been.
syntax
Deus Ex Machina
Deus Ex Machina

Post by syntax »

The Nexus glided slowly through the tunnels as it moved from one pipe to the next. Cara was at the helm of the hovercraft and after winding her way through the endless passageways she eventually found a nice out of the way crevasse to sit the ship down in.

Syntax hopped up into his seat behind the monitors of his operating station and went to work at the numerous consoles. “Okay, boys and girls, your mission, should you choose to accept it and really you have no choice, is to make contact with and attempt to both raise and maintain an open line of communication with one of the more enigmatic and dangerously peculiar life forms that the world of the matrix has to offer. The college freshman.”

“What is all this about again?” Dustin asked.

“That disc that sun boy here pulled off of our recently turned red pill slash pin cushion that’s sleeping it off in medical,” Trix answered him. “It seems that our esteemed operator is having some trouble decrypting the data and we’re once again being pulled away from our otherwise more important duties to jack into dreamland and help him out. Does that sound about right, Syntax?”

“Yeah, but trolling some campus for a G and T science major?” Apollo spoke up. “Syntax we have to seriously do something about upgrading your buddy list.”

“Shut up, shut up, and shut up.”

The telephone in the office of the boiler room in the basement of the dormitory began to ring. Dustin pulled open the door and walked over to the desk, lifting the receiver from its base. He placed the phone to the side of his head. “We’re in.”

Trix pushed open the front entrance and stepped out onto the quad. She was instantly take aback by the strung up banners advertising the next rush week; the flyer covered message board in front of them; the megaphonic blast of a student speaker’s voice as he addressed the small crowd gathered before him on a shady patch of grass. “You’ve got to be kidding me?” she said, looking out at the multitude of students flocking back and forth across the campus laid out before them.

“Don’t worry,” Apollo said to her. “If an Agent shows up I’ll just recite my dissertation on Moby Dick until he phases out of here. Now I say we hit either the nearest computer science lab or Starbucks, get this over with, and get the hell out of here. Whadoyasay, kiddies?”

It was in the campus library that they eventually found their intended target. Mr. Clyde Hartman had been researching a term paper on the binary language when he was approached by Dustin and Trix. He immediately stopped what he was doing and rose from his seat in front of the computer. “Are you…” He looked all around the library for any set of prying eyes and ears that may have been eavesdropping on this clandestine meeting. “Syntax,” he said quieter.

“He sent us,” Dustin said, making no effort to hide his voice in any way. “He said you’d have something for us.”

“Sure thing,” he said, sitting back down to his computer. His fingers began tapping at the keys on the board in front of him. “Night before he walked me through this righteous hack. Some up and coming software company that he says is gonna revolutionize the industry.” He reached into the backpack that he had sitting on the table next to the monitor and pulled out a floppy disc. After inserting it into the drive he went right back to the keyboard. “If you ask me I’ve gotta say I have my doubts, but who can tell about these things?”

“Right,” Trix said. “Who can tell?”

“I’m not even sure I should be doing this from the campus network,” Clyde commented as he reached over and ejected the disc, “but here you go.” Dustin relieved him of the disc and handed it back to Trix before they both turned to leave. They hadn’t made it more than a few steps before Clyde stood up from his seat and called out to them. They both turned around to the sight of him wincing at the loud sound of his own voice. “Do you guys mind if I ask you something before you clear out of here?” he said, minding the volume with which his words came out. Trix and Dustin answered him with silence and blank stares. “I’ve heard that no one can be told what the matrix is, but I was wondering…if either of you guys had the time maybe you could draw me up some rudimentary design of what it looks like. Maybe Photoshop it and send it to my e-mail address.” Trix and Dustin turned and continued on their way. “No problem, guys,” Clyde called out to them. “We’ll talk later.”

“Where is Apollo? I want to get out of here.”

Trix scanned around the stacks, bookshelves, and tables in the immediate area. “I think I just found him.”

The two of them walked over to a small desk that had an unusual number of female students gathered around it all huddled together and moving around to get a better look at the computer monitor in front of the seated individual they were crowding. “Oh my Gawd,” the two of them heard as they neared the work area. “He’s in the grade records for this semester.”

“Okay,” Apollo said. “Anybody else want to pass Chem. Lab?”

Trix forced her way to the front of the crowd through the giggling and giddy coeds until she reached Apollo. She slammed her hand down hard on his shoulder and gave a tug on the coat he was wearing. “Come on,” she said through gritted teeth. “We’re leaving.”

Apollo rose from his seat to a succession of disappointed moans. “Sorry ladies.”

“I can’t believe you. How ‘bout we just drop you off at a kegger on our way out of here?”

“Hey. Where’s your school spirit?”

Clyde Hartman made his way back across campus to his dormitory and took the stairs up to the third floor where he would find the dorm room that he was forced to share with no one. His solitary existence on campus increased his level of shock exponentially when he unlocked the door to his dorm and opened it to the sight of a suited man standing before him. “Who the hell are you!?!” he said, taking a step back into the hallway.

“Anderson. Mr. Anderson. I would like to ask you some questions about your recent visitors.”

“I…I have no idea what you’re talking about!”

“Oh, I beg to differ. Please. Allow me to refresh your memory.” Clyde felt the tight grip of his fist take hold of the front of his shirt and with a force that nearly left him suffering from a case of whiplash his body was jerked inside of the dorm room to the cadence of his yelp and the door was slammed shut behind him.
I'm going back to the matrix and I want you to come with me.
-Duo

www.myspace.com/plotholes
syntax
Deus Ex Machina
Deus Ex Machina

Post by syntax »

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and suddenly realized that I was talking to myself.

Despauna draped a heavy blanket over her shoulders as she stepped out of her quarters. Her tour of the hovercraft had began with the areas nearest the room where she had spent her first night out of the medical bay. She saw the mess hall, storage compartments, the rec room, but it wasn’t until she approached the depths of the ship’s core that she began to be introduced to some of the personnel that inhabited this strange hulking piece of machinery that she now found herself inside. Despauna introduced her as Raven. Some of the faces she recognized. Others she didn’t. Soon she found herself being placed inside of a chair as the man standing next to her detached a probe from a contraption at her back and stepped behind her.

Trix found Syntax in the rec room lying down on one of the cots that folded out from the wall. He was on his back with his feet propped up against the wall. Syntax lifted his hand up above his face and moved it up and down before making one quick motion and letting fly the object he held. Trix turned her eyes up to the ceiling above him and stared at the targeting formation that had been painted up there. The magnetic dart that he had thrown hit just off center of the bulls eye. Trix pulled a chair up next to the cot, spun it around backwards, and had a seat.

“So what do you think of the new girl?” she asked him.

Syntax threw another one of the magnet tipped darts up toward the ceiling. “I’ve seen worse. She seemed to take the news of her current situation pretty well. Guess that’s a plus.”

“Give her time. She just hasn’t been through the Agent training program yet. That should shake her up a bit.”

“It would definitely be a change of pace for me. I’ve been taking her through those damn operational programs all day. Between her never ending prattle of questions and Apollo’s constant nagging for me to let him take her through the combat courses I could certainly use the distraction. I can’t wait for him to take her through the jump program tomorrow. I was thinking that a nice solid invisible wall between those two towers should make for some serious entertainment.” He tossed up another dart as Trix cracked a grin and chuckled softly.

“You really get off on playing the God of that tiny little universe don’t you?”

“Bite your tongue, blasphemer. Less you want to find yourself clad in nothing but a set of florescent skivvies the next time you jack in.”

“Florescent?”

“Yeah. I was thinking a blinding shade of matrix feed green.”

“Speaking of which,” Trix said, leaning the chair forward and scooping up one of the darts lying on the cot next to him. “I caught Dustin with a very interesting simulation the other day. You wouldn’t happen to know where he picked it up by any chance?” She stared at the dart the entire time that she spoke. After Syntax lingered in silence for a few seconds too long she focused her eyes on him again.

He cut a quick glance over in her direction and shot her a sly grin before turning his eyes back to the target on the ceiling above him. “Why, Trix, whatever are you talking about?”

“You were very generous by the way and I’m almost afraid to ask how you came about the detail in your work.”

“My client list as well as all of my sources are confidential.” He threw another dart. “And maybe you just don’t give yourself enough credit.” Trix threw the dart she held and it whizzed through the air right above his face, forcing a flinch out of him, before it connected to the wall beside him. “Do I detect a note of hostility?”

“You’re gonna detect a large boot sized obstruction in your colon if I find anymore sims of me floating around.”

“So this is a copyright issue?” Syntax said to her as he tossed her another dart. She didn’t give him a response. “Or maybe that’s not the issue at all. Is there something else bothering you that I should know about? If you’re having trouble sleeping I’d be glad to whip you up a nice little lullaby. Half price. I’ll even let you choose the specs.”

“No thanks. I’m fine.”

“You’re not still stewing about that kid are you?”

Trix tossed the dart she held up into the air and caught it again before pointing a finger at him. “You so much as put two words together that rhyme and I’ll snap your spine in half.”

The sternness in her voice brought a smile to his face. “Don’t worry about it. I’m sure the Captain is all over it. The whole thing will probably turn out to be nothing anyway. Now are you sure about not needing that sleep aid? My generous offer of half the going rate does have an expiration date.”

Trix simply stared at him with ice laden eyes as she tossed him back his dart.

The phone atop his desk began to ring but he paid it little attention as he went about organizing the stack of papers in front of him. Finally he picked up the receiver and placed it to the side of his head. “Oui?” He listened to the voice on the other end, growing more upset with each moment that passed. “Do nossing, you eembeseal. Joss seend him in.”

The door to the Frenchman’s office in his château opened and Mr. Anderson stepped through. “We may have a problem,” he spoke stoically.
-Duo

syntax
Deus Ex Machina
Deus Ex Machina

Post by syntax »

Despauna walked into the core of the Nexus and found Syntax sitting alone in front of his workstation. He moved up behind him and looked over his shoulder at the monitors. “How’s going?”

“Badly, sir. Very, very, and insurmountably badly,” Syntax replied.

“Well, don’t keep me in suspense. Things have been getting a little too quiet around here.”

“I’ve finished decoding that disc that Apollo lifted off of Raven.”

“I take it wasn’t good news.”

“Exactly the opposite. It was nothing but good news. It’s some kind of augmentation program designed to overlap and enhance the coding imprinted onto a RSI of someone jacked into the matrix.”

“Augment how?” Despauna asked, staring at the screens in front of Syntax with a look of complete confusion on his face.

“I’m not sure, but when I tried loading it into the system,” he said, tapping away at the screens and keyboards all around him, “this happened.”

Despauna looked on in total shock as every screen bearing the streaming green matrix feed suddenly blinked and became clear with images of the digital city. “My God,” Despauna said. He was in complete awe at the sight in front of him, watching as Syntax scrolled through a set of random images that depicted the people and places inhabiting the world of the matrix. “Am I going insane or did you just decode the matrix?”

“And from what I’m reading that’s only the opening act. There’s still seventy three percent of the information stored in this program not in use.”

“So what happens when this thing is uploaded into an actual person?”

“I’m still working on that but right now your guess is as good as mine. How in the world something like this just landed in the lap of some potential we were scouting beats the hell out of me.”

“Right now I’m more worried about who did the delivering and why?”

“Not sure, but I’m betting the answer to that is going to wind up being the bad that I was referring to earlier.”

“Keep working on it,” Despauna said to him. “Let me know what else you happen to stumble across.”

“Will do.”

The sound of a ringing telephone echoed throughout the confines of a room buried deep within the confines of an abandoned apartment building. Despauna walked over to the table that the ringing noisemaker rested on, leaving Dustin, Trix, Apollo, and Raven standing at his back. He picked up the receiver and placed it to the side of his head. “We’re in,” he spoke into the phone.

Exiting the building, Despauna, Trix, and Raven climbed into the confines of a dark purple Mustang while Dustin and Apollo boarded a set of motorbikes. The entire crew headed toward the building complex that the Oracle resided in. Seraph greeted them all at the door. When they reached the living room Seraph continued to usher Raven further through the apartment toward her meeting with the Oracle. Despauna along with the others stopped dead in their tracks and turned their attention to the familiar looking child they saw resting on the couch staring blankly at the television screen on the other side of the room. He bore a very striking resemblance to the young lad that their crew had previously left in the care of the Oracle and her guardian. But that child had been wrapped in the frame of a six or seven year old little boy. The individual present before them now looked to be about sixteen or seventeen.

“What the hell has she been feeding him?” Apollo blurted out.
-Duo

syntax
Deus Ex Machina
Deus Ex Machina

Post by syntax »

"Man can no longer live for himself alone. We must realize that all life is valuable and that we are united to all life. From this knowledge comes our spiritual relationship with the universe."
- Albert Schweitzer

“Hello?” Trix spoke to him. He didn’t answer her. “How are you holding up?” Nothing. “Okay then. Nice talking to you.”

They all turned their attention to the television across the room that was holding the youth so captivated and watched as they channels began to change with no visible sigh that he had done anything to effect the machine.

“Alright,” Dustin spoke up. “Anybody want to explain to me what’s wrong with this picture?”

Soon Seraph returned from the depths of the apartment and motioned for Despauna to follow him. When the captain of the Nexus took up walking he had his entire crew at his back. When the small cadre made it to the confines of the kitchen they all crowded inside just as Raven was rising from the table. The Oracle, who remain seated, tapped out the end of her cigarette in an ashtray in front of her.

“Despauna, how nice to see you again.”

“Likewise,” he said as Raven fell back in line behind him. “Although I have to say that I’m more than a little disturbed by the company that you’ve been keeping.”

“I assume you’re referring to the guest that you so recently left in my care. Or more specifically his radical change in appearance.”

“Any news yet on his origins?”

“None whatsoever. He doesn’t talk much but he has expressed his growing desires to take his leave of me. According to him he finds the confines of my protective umbrella far too constricting.”

“Do we even know who this kid is?” Apollo asked.

“He once told me that his name was Gott. Short for Gotterdammerung. I initially chalked it up to some sort of budding sense of humor until he made it clear to me that he was indeed quite serious. It has also become clear to me that there is a power inside of him that is increasing at an exponentially rapid rate right along with his age. To be honest I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be able to hold him here against his will.”

Concent pulled the plug out of the back of Despauna’s head and he sat up in his chair. Trix was already on her feet and making her way around to where he sat. “Don’t start,” he said to her. “I already know what you’re going to say.”

“I’m telling you, Captain. This kid is going to wind up being a whole heap of bad news and I for one don’t really feel like waiting around until this problem gets too big for any of us to handle.”

“Well, I’m afraid you’re going to have to wait,” he said.

“What?”

He climbed out of his seat and stood on the floor in front of her. “This ship’s set to dock within the next two hours,” he told her. “We’ll be back in the city in no time.”

“You look troubled, my love,” Persephone said, pulling back the covers and climbing into bed next to her husband.

The Frenchman busied himself with the contents of the book he held out in front of his face as he sat with his back against the pillow covered headboard. He lifted his eyes and took a quick glance at his wife before dropping his stare back down to the pages he held. “What? Oh. It’s nothing, my dear. Just a little unexpected mishap concerning certain new interests that I’ve been venturing into. Nothing you need to bother yourself with.”

“Is that so?” Persephone said, removing her own book from the top drawer of the nightstand next to her. “I wouldn’t happen to know her name by any chance, would I?”

The Merovingian leaned his head back and shut the book he held. “Perhaps I’ll seek out other quarters for the time being,” he said, pulling the covers away from his lower body and rising from bed. “Quarters that tend to lend themselves more towards an air of solace rather than hostility.”

Persephone lifter her eyes from her book and watch the black and red silk set of bedroom attire move towards the bedroom door before finally disappearing through it.

Syntax raised his glass and took a taste of the alcoholic concoction that it contained before sitting it back down on the table next to his laptop. He let his fingers run rampant across the keyboard once more as he attempted to block out the soft music and low chatter that filled the atmosphere of the cantina. He sat alone at the small round table as he worked while the rest of the nighttime crowd mingled and consumed their beverages all around him. Syntax had failed to be distracted by the small crowd until out of nowhere he found himself having to share the miniscule space that he took up with someone else.

He looked up from his monitor and eyed the young lady who had pulled up a chair and made herself at home along the borders pf his personal space. “Yeah,” he said, turning his attention back to his work. “So…how are you enjoying our fine city so far?”

“Can’t say really,” Raven said, sitting her glass down on the table. “I still trying to get my head wrapped around the whole concept, actually. I mean, my God.”

“Well, don’t let it drive you too crazy too fast,” he said, typing away at his keyboard. “We still need your help aboard the Nexus and pretty proof positive that Psyche Unit is all book up for this season.”

Raven nodded her head and took a drink. “Psyche Unit?” she said. “Something else that I’ll have to get around to checking out on when I take up my tour of this place again.” She turned her head around and stared off into the crowd. “I’m pretty sure I’ve lost my current guide for the rest of the night.”

Syntax leaned his head to the side and looked past his monitor out across the establishment. He soon caught sight of Apollo seated at a table with four women that he looked to be keeping well entertained. “Speaking of all things booked solid,” he said, sitting back upright and focusing in on the screen in front of him again.

“I don’t suppose you’re be open for assuming the position?” she asked him and took another drink from her glass.

“I thousand apologies, my lady, but I’m afraid I’m still busy trying to get to the bottom of that little package that you brought to our esteemed attention. I’m under the distinct impression that a great deal of my free time is going to be monopolized just trying to figure out what the hell it is. Thank you very much.”

“Wow. Sorry to hear that.”

“Forget about it. It’s what I do. But, seeing as how you are, in fact, new in town perhaps you’ll be willing to except me putting your next round on my tab in place of a showcase of Zion’s hottest tourist attractions.”

“I suppose it’s a start. Just as long as you throw in the lowdown on what it is exactly that I risked my neck passing off that disc for.”

“Sweets, I really wish that I could.”

When Trix reached the top of the ladder she stood there and stared out across the length of the board for a moment. Releasing her hold on the guardrail on either side of her, she strolled along the plank feeling the flexible board bounce and give beneath her weight. When she reached the end Trix made a small leap into the air. When she came back down on the plank the spring counteraction helped throw her higher into the air as she vaulted out away from the ledge she had just been standing on. With her arms extended out beside her, Trix tilted her head back and brought her legs and feet up into the air above her as she began to streak down toward the watery surface that awaited her.

Bringing her hands together above her head just before she touched down, Trix’s streamlined form barely made a splash as she broke through the surface and went under. Dustin walked along the edge of the pool keeping his eyes glued to the body moving under water in the same direction that he moved. When he reached the opposite end of the pool from where the high diving board was positioned he watched Trix scaled a set of steps that brought her up and out of the pool. “Very nice,” he said as she started over in his direction.

He held up a towel and relieved him of it, wrapping it around the pitch black two piece that she was wearing. “Thanks,” she said. At this particular time of night the two of them found themselves alone in this area that had been cordoned off for recreational swimming.

The two of them made their way over to one of the many sets of empty poolside furniture that decorated the area. Trix removed the knapsack contain her clothes out of one of the chairs and took a seat in it. “You practicing for the summer games?” Dustin asked, sitting sideways on the elongated seat right next to her.

“Just working off some steam,” she replied, removing her pants and top from her bag. Taking up the shirt and leaving the pants down on the seat beside her, she rose from her seat and moved off past him. Unwrapping the towel that covered her and refastening it around her waist, she allowed Dustin a clear view of her back as she unfastened her top and pulled her shirt down over her upper body.

“If it makes any difference I hear the ship should be charged up and ready to head out in just under two days.” He looked her in the eyes as she started back over in his direction. “You’ll be free to take up this vendetta of yours in no time.”

Dropping her bikini top to the floor at her feet, she leaned over and took up her pants. Reaching under the towel that she had wrapped around her waist, Trix removed her bikini bottoms and replaced them with her pants. She snatched the towel away from her body and threw it Dustin’s face. “It’s amazing how I constantly find myself reveling in the face of an astonishingly apathetic approach to our mission statement.”

She grabbed up her belongings and headed on her way out of the swimming area. “Hold on,” Dustin said as rose up from his seat and went after her. “Hey. I know we’re the new guys,” he said when he caught up to her, “but if there is some reason that you think you need to prove yourself…”

“You call it proving myself. I call it saving our collective necks.”

“Fine. How about a late dinner? My place.”

“Sure you wouldn’t want to dine with one of your sims instead?”

“Clearly my palate appears to be more in the mood for abrasiveness rather than compliance. Not that I would mind if you decided that you wanted to alter the menu.” Dustin turned his head and got a look at the slight grin that was beginning to appear on her profile. “How’s this? We skip the dinner and go straight for the aged cognac that I’ve got stashed away out of the sight of prying eyes?”

“You’re on,” Trix said to him.
-Duo

syntax
Deus Ex Machina
Deus Ex Machina

Post by syntax »

Commander Abner caught up with Despauna as the Captain moved through the tunnel on his way toward the city docks. “Captain Despauna, I hear the Nexus is set to leave port today.”

“That’s correct, Commander,” he said as he continued to walk. “I’m on my way to confirm the preparations now.”

“I was just wondering, Captain, and I could be wrong but it seems that the crew of the Nexus has all but doubled its current workload. The Nexus has been logging more time out of port than nearly every hovercraft in the fleet.”

“What do you want me to say, Commander?”

“Nothing. I just want to make sure that the recent loss to your crew that you’ve suffered isn’t having any adverse effects on your service regimen. I mean I’d really hate to see someone of your stature suffer a burnout by overexerting himself when it wasn’t needed. You ever think about docking that ship and having a complete overhaul done on it?”

“My ship is fine,” Despauna said, seriously doubting his commanding officer’s sincerity. “Will that be all?”

“Sure. Whatever you say, Captain.”

Checking his instruments, Syntax had received a message from the equipment in front of him alerting him to the fact that the ship had reached broadcast depth. Leaning back in his chair, he cocked his head to the side and watched the core of the ship begin to fill up with bodies.

“Alright, Syntax,” Apollo said as he climbed into one of the loading chairs. “Do you mind telling us what today’s forecast calls for?”

Despauna took it upon himself to sate Apollo’s budding curiosity. “Trix and I will be making a drop and swap with our good friends the Duumvirs.” Trix released a very audible sigh of disgust. “Meanwhile Dustin will be dropping in on a potential that the Corban has been scouting. Raven will be meeting with a rather skittish individual who’s looking to arrange some future bartering with us and you, Apollo, will be charged with looking into the matter involving the Oracle’s latest houseguest. Any questions?”

“Yeah,” Apollo said just as Concent was loading the plug into the back of his head. “Is it alright if I swap out assignments with the new girl?”

“You can switch with me,” Trix said, climbing into one of the chairs. “The Duumvirs, man. Could this day possible get any worse?”

“Nobody’s switching. Now let’s just jack in and get this done as fast as humanly possible.”

“Complainers,” Syntax said, turning his focus back to the array of screens that made up his station.

“Easy for you to say,” Trix replied.

Syntax started running his fingers across his instruments.

Five motorbikes were lined up next to each other on the dust covered floor of the warehouse. Black. Blood red. Deep blue. Purple. Dark green. Each member of the crew boarded one of the conveyances and the engines all came roaring to life. The garage door was still in the process of rising when one after the other the motorcycles came bursting forth into the noonday world of the matrix. Once they hit the streets the crewmates all separated and sped off towards their respective tasks.

Trix squeezed her fingers around the lever attached to her right handlebar and applied the brakes. The back lot of the building that she and Despauna parked their bikes behind was cluttered with an assortment of dumpsters and trashcans that were filled to capacity and ran over with the refuse that they contained. The few cars that were scattered about didn’t even look operational and the entire scene back there complimented the dilapidated structure that stood in front of them very nicely.

“Tell me again how this is a necessary evil that we must endure in order to maintain the balance of life,” Trix said as she dismounted her bike.

“Don’t worry. I’m sure we’ll be in and out before you know it.”

“Now why don’t I believe that’s true?” she said, walking with her Captain towards a rusted heap of door embedded in the sun bleached stone wall in front of them.

Dustin brought his bike to a stop in front of a building proclaiming itself to be a high school. He pulled the shades that he wore down a bit and stared over the top of the rims as he looked up at the structure. Somewhere inside of this building was the individual that he sought counsel with. Stepping off of his bike, he pulled the cell phone out of his trench coat pocket and dialed the operator.

“I’m not sure about this,” Raven said into the phone that she held pressed against the side of her head. She stood in the large lobby of the building that she had entered letting her eyes gloss over the black and white swirled marble walls. The security guard manning the desk across the room from where she stood didn’t seem to be paying her much attention.

“You’ll be fine. Just a simple meet and greet. If there’s any trouble just remember you’ve got my number.”

“Thanks,” Raven said. “I’ll try not to forget that little tidbit when the melee gets underway.” She hung up the phone and placed it back in her coat pocket while she continued to await the escort that she was told was on his way down to see her to her rendezvous.

Apollo listened to the announcer reporting the action taking place down on the tracks below over the loudspeaker as he slowly approached the VIP section of this facility that housed the Merovingian and his people. Apparently the horse race that had gotten underway was of particular interest to anyone that had a financial stake in the placing of a steed christened Gorgeous Petal. Apollo began to make out a collection of heavy accents as he closed in on a large window that shown down over the action taking place on the track outside.

“Well hello there,” an accented voice called out, clearly addressing him. “So good of you to join us. Please, have a seat.”
-Duo

syntax
Deus Ex Machina
Deus Ex Machina

Post by syntax »

Despauna delivered three solid knocks to a red chipped paint covered door on the twelfth floor of the dilapidated building they were in. When the door came open not a word was spoken as he and Trix stepped inside of the dwelling past the machine gun toting, solitary sentry. The two of them continued to move through the crummy depths of this unusually large apartment, crossing the paths of one or two skuzzy looking ruffians along their way. They were greeted with no words at all. Only dirty looks from faces adorned with black shades and metal piercings of all sorts.

The pair soon rounded a corner and stepped into an expansive room, at the opposite end of which they spied the clients that they had come here to meet with. The floor was covered with a dirty wine colored carpet and the chandelier covered ceiling was very dimly lit. Still, there was enough light piercing through the curtain covered windows to make visibility no problem at all. Despauna walked with Trix at his back toward a pair of desks that sat on a raised platform three steps high. The wall behind the desks that were angled toward one another was composed of a large arc shaped window. They moved past the hooligans that lounged in the chairs and couches lining the walls on either side of them until they reached the first step leading up to the platform.

“And here they are at last,” the black suit wearing gentleman occupying the desk to Despauna’s left uttered as he slouched back in his seat.

“We were beginning to think you’d stood us up.”

Trix had been in the process of exchanging a nasty look with one of men slouching lazily in one of the chairs behind her to her right, sitting low in the seat with his black leather covered leg draped over the red velvet arm, when the sound of voices drew her eyes back to the front. “Well we’re here now,” she said to the man covered in tailored white linen, her impatience apparent in her voice. “So let’s just get this over with.”

“What is it, doll face,” black suit said. “Are you not enjoying our gracious hospitality?”

“We’d be more than happy to adjust any condition necessary to see to it that you’re more…comfortable,” white suit commented.

Trix looked over the gel-spiked black hair of the man sitting behind the desk just off to her right on top of the platform then let her eyes drop down to the lascivious sneer that his face wore behind the dark tinted shades resting on top of his nose. “No thanks,” she said, her teeth clenched together tightly. “You’re too kind. Let’s just do this already.”

“Right,” black suit said, smugly. “I suppose doll face has a point. So let’s do it. You show us yours…” Trix did not like the way his shade covered eyes were directed towards her or the grin that he wore as he spoke. “…and we’ll show you ours.”

Despauna reached into his coat pocket and came back out with a disc. Holding it between his fingers, he flung it like a Frisbee over to black suit. After catching it, he in turn tossed it over to white suit who immediately began loading it into the lap top sitting on his desk. “Alright,” Despauna said. “Now it’s your turn.” Silence once again engulfed the room as the two compatriots seated behind the desks flashed each other quick, co-conspiring smile. “Did I miss something?” Despauna asked.

“No,” white suit said, ejecting the disc from the machine and folding the screen down. “It’s just that there has been a slight change in the deal.”

“Yes,” black suit spoke up. “As it turns out you’ve been out bid on that tasty little morsel you were after and we stand to make out considerably better doing business with our new client.”

“Let me guess,” Despauna said. “This change of plans has nothing to do with you forfeiting the information that we’ve just handed over to you.”

“Like I said, we stand to make out tremendously.”

Trix turned her head to get a look behind them and watched as a cadre of semiautomatic carrying individuals entered the room and headed their way.

Apollo pulled back a chair and had a seat at the large round table across from the Frenchman and his cohorts. The Merovingian lifted his glass of wine and brought it to his lips. The blonde woman seated next to him pulled the gold set of binoculars away from her face using the thin rod that they were attached to and turned her eyes to their new guest. “I take it you know why I’m hear?” Apollo said. His words caused a soft jovial noise to slip from the man he addressed.

“Come now. What kind of question is that? Of course I know. It would appear that the Oracle has recently acquired herself a new boarder, one that should be wearing out his welcome soon enough. But for the life of me, what I can’t seem to figure out is what in the world you thought to accomplish by coming here. Wine?” he said motioning toward the glass in front of him.

“What’s this kid got that you’re so desperate to get your hands on? After all, you must have had him brought here for a reason.”

“Perhaps you underestimate the philanthropist at the core of my nature,” the Frenchman said, lifting his glass to Apollo.

“Right. I forgot how well known you are for your giving heart.”

“And let’s not forget my penchant for dispatching tokens of much needed advise whenever the opportunity presents itself.”

“I assume this is one of those rare moments?”

“Mark my words, boy. Mark them well. If any of you want any hope of surviving what’s to come you’ll run back to that old soothsayer and tell her to pry that nose of hers out of business that is of no concern of hers…before it’s too late. So if there’s nothing else with which you would like to waste my time with, allow me to bid you good day.”

Apollo pushed his chair back and stood up from the table. He’d known that this was going to be a dead-end even before he’d sat down. Either way, he had his orders and his work here was finished. He turned his back to the merriment that had resumed at the table and started for the nearest exit. He didn’t make it far before the sight of a sultry dark haired woman standing poised in the shuffling crowd caught his eye. When Apollo stopped walking he watched the woman turn her back to him and slowly start to step away. “What the hell,” he thought. He’d already completed his assignment and come up empty. This woman clearly wanted his attention and obviously had words that she needed him to hear. Perhaps seeing this small mystery through just a bit further would yield slightly better results than the sit-down he just waded through with the Merovingian.

“Did you enjoy your consultation with my husband?” Apollo heard as he rounded a corner only to find the woman that he pursued lying in wait for him.

“I think enjoy would be putting too strong a spin on it,” he said as he stopped moving and turned to face her.

“Come with me,” her accented voice spoke to him as she turned and began walking again. “I’ll tell you what it is that you want to know.”

Apollo just stared at her as he watched the backless black outfit she wore that clung tightly to her curvaceous form continue to move away from him. He was reluctant at first, but soon enough took up his stride and started after her. Maybe this was just the break they were all looking for.
-Duo

syntax
Deus Ex Machina
Deus Ex Machina

Post by syntax »

The soles of the shoes Dustin wore made a gentle tapping noise as he walked across the brightly polished tiles. He moved through the hollowed out hallway of this learning facility in search of room 401. Moving at a steady pace toward the staircase that he saw at the far end of the hallway, he listened on as the instructors on the other side of the closed doorways that lined the hallway on either side of him went on dictating their lessons to the students present here today.

Room 401

Dustin grabbed hold of the doorknob, turned it, and pulled. “Who are you?” a voice greeted him as he stepped inside of the room. Looking around, Dustin saw that the two of them were the only ones present in the classroom.

“Someone you should talk to,” he replied to the young lad who had previously been consumed by the blackboard that he was currently in the process of dragging a damp sponge across before he walked in.

The musical tone of a single electronic bell tolled and Raven turned her eyes toward the elevator. Watching the two doors slowly part, she immediately began to tense up, not knowing what was about to emerge from the small car. The appearance of a tiny, elderly gentleman put her mind at ease, but not by much.

“Begging your pardon, ma’am, but I believe I’m to be your escort.”

He remained in the elevator as he spoke to her. Reading that as an invitation to join him in the car, Raven made her way over to him. Syntax, you’d better be right about this, she thought as she walked. Raven stood beside him and watched as the elevator doors slowly closed in front of them. He didn’t immediately go for one of the buttons on the panel in front of him as one would have expected. Instead he stuck his hand in the inside of the left lapel of the gray suit he wore. Raven’s first instinct was to mimic his motion and move her fingers toward one of the many firearms that were attached to her person right now. When she saw him pull out a single silver key she breathed out a quiet sigh of relief. This was going to be a long day, she imagined.

Her escort inserted the small key with its circular end into a fitted groove on the numerical keypad and gave it a turn, causing the car they were in to start on its upward ascent. The little man turned and gave her a reassuring smile. Raven returned the expression with a look of stoicism. When the elevator doors opened again they stepped off and moved ahead down the corridor that stretched on ahead of them.

“Right here,” he said, stopping and turning toward the office door to their left. Raven read the sign on the door.

Men’s Room

“Alright. What kind of game are you playing here?”

“Just a moment,” he said, fishing around in his pants pockets. He came out with a key ring and brought the jingling set up very close to his eyes. He used his fingers to cycle through each individual key until he found the one that pleased him. He inserted it into the keyhole, turned it, and opened the door, revealing anything but a washroom.

The two of them stepped into the tight, dark corridor that was lined on either side with a glowing aquarium embedded in marble that stretched the length of the walls and provided the only illumination.

“Now what?” Syntax said, his fingers typing rapidly as he turned his eyes away from the monitors featuring Despauna and Trix and placing them on Raven.

Raven and her guide emerged from the corridor into a very dimly lit room. A dimly lit, windowless bedroom slash kitchen slash office. There were floor to ceiling length glass poles filled with red fluid everywhere. Inside the glowing tubes of liquid were huge clusters of bubbles traveling from the floor toward the ceiling. Turning her head to the right, Raven saw the area of this darkened domicile that had been cordoned off for all bedroom purposes. The kitchen area was dead ahead. She was lead off to her left toward a desk that no one occupied. Aside from her escort, as far as she could tell she was the only one in the room.

“Are we expecting company anytime soon?” Raven asked. The elderly gentleman simply extended his arm out toward the desk and she walked over and had a seat. The monitor on the open laptop suddenly flickered to life and Raven’s eyes were introduced to the sight of a spectacle adorned face that stared back at her. “Heeello?” she said reluctantly.

“Ye…Yes…Umm…Hi, there,” he said nervously, adjusting the frames on his face. “Hello. I was told that you might represent parties that could possibly be interested in involving themselves in a situation that may very well lead to the exchange of goods.”

“Right,” Raven said, watching the fidgety individual on the screen in front of her try and collect himself after the rant that he’d just spat out at her. “And I was told that I would be meeting with an actual person. What is this?” She momentarily cut her eyes over to the elderly sentry standing in front of her on the opposite side of the desk.

“This arrangement will suffice for now. So tell me, would the parties you represent be interested in such an arrangement or not?”

Raven was completely taken aghast by all this. “I suppose it would depend on what it was that your were selling and what you wanted in return,” she answered him, trying her best not to let her first official mission go completely down the tubes because of all of this craziness.

Meanwhile…

Several floors beneath her, in the building lobby, the glass doors of the entrance were pulled open and three men in suits stepped through it. The guard at the large front desk dropped the newspaper he skimmed through and looked up at them. “Something I can help you with?” he said.

“Yes,” a member of the trio answered him. “What you can do is have all power to both the passenger and freight elevators shut down, and cut off every phone line in this buildings.”

“Oh yeah? On who’s authority?”

“Smith. Agent Smith.”
-Duo

Trug
The Blue Pill
The Blue Pill

Post by Trug »

I don't understand...

Did Dustin go with Raven and the keymaker?

It went from Dustin going into the room with Raven in it and her talking to him, suddenly Dustin turned into The Keymaker... where's Dustin?
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

Trug wrote:I don't understand...

It went from Dustin going into the room with Raven in it and her talking to him, suddenly Dustin turned into The Keymaker... where's Dustin?

Dustin met with the potential.
Raven is in a different place altogether.
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
syntax
Deus Ex Machina
Deus Ex Machina

Post by syntax »

Our passions are the winds that propel our vessels. Our reason is the pilot that steers her. Without winds the vessel would not move and without a pilot she would be lost.

-Proverb Quotes

Trix and Despauna listened to the sound of bolts recoiling at their backs and rounds being chambered by the dozen. Trix couldn’t help but be overwhelmed with a sense of disgust as she watched the obnoxious grins spread across the face of each Duumvir seated in front of them, their cheer clearly being brought on by the multitude of weapons being leveled off at them right now. “By the way,” she said, tilting her head over in Despauna’s direction, “have I mentioned how much I truly dislike coming here?”

“Feel free to lodge a formal complaint if and when we make it back to the Nexus.”

“Right. As if having to fill out a tedium of digital paperwork on top of having to deal with this wouldn’t just complete top my day off.”

“Fine. How about we leave it at a duly noted ‘I told you so’ and concentrate on getting the hell out of here?”

“I thought you’d never ask,” Trix said to him.

Her body shot back and up through the air to the rhythm of the rapid fire that trailed after her as she sailed through the air above the small cadre. Chandeliers exploded and rained down glass on the floor beneath. The bullets tore open holes in the rickety ceiling and brought down huge chunks of plaster and wood. Not one portion of the ensuing destruction fazed Trix as she brought her feet up and around to land on the floor behind the assault team. They all spun around in the hopes of retraining their sights but she was in too close of a proximity now for such a reaction to be of any consequence.

Trix did a three sixty spin, bringing her right leg up into the air and relieving two of the gentlemen of their firearms. Her foot touched down for less than half a second before she brought it back up into the air and smacked the swiftly moving toe of her footwear across each of their jaws in one fluid motion. When they dropped to the floor she followed through with her spin, lifting up her left leg and slamming a back kick into the scruffy looking fellow behind them. She stood upright just as the man in front of her was leveling off his rifle and preparing to fire. Trix quickly took hold of the weapon by the extended barrel with her right hand. She lifted it and twirled her body beneath it until she stood side by side with grimacing henchman. He’d already flexed his trigger finger and had began firing. All Trix was left to do was guide the heated barrel in the direction of his comrades on the other side of the room. He finally let go of the trigger after watching three of them drop. Trix then pulled back hard on the rifle, smashing it against his face and sending him down to the canvas.

Meanwhile, Despauna was in the process of leaning the upper portion of his body back to dodge the roundhouse punch being swung at his face. He then had to lean forward to duck the spinning round kick aiming at the back of his head. When he lifted his body back up he threw out his left arm and spun around toward the area at his back. While doing so, the back of his forearm hit against the back of his attacker’s neck and Despauna clasped him into a headlock as he completed his turn, holding the man so that his rear end faced Despauna’s second attacker. The Captain of the Nexus wasted no time in hoisting up the body of the individual he held until his feet pointed toward the ceiling. Without further ado, Despauna let go of him and waited for his head to come into crushing contact with the floor before lifting his left leg and stomping back into the man’s gut. His upside down body went careening across the room until the wall that he slammed into and embedded himself in forced it to stop.

Trix spun around, dropped low, and knocked the legs out from under her next opponent. Before his head had a chance to collide with the floor she caught it her left palm. Staring this man in his shade covered eyes for a moment through the pair that she had on her face, Trix then drew back her right hand and dropped a lightening fast, sledgehammer of a punch down on the side of his face that shattered the shade glasses and forced his head to crack the floorboards beneath the carpet when he came into contact with it. Turning her head over her right shoulder, she watched as a second wave of heavily armed and royally pissed off ruffians filed into the room, this crowd even larger than the first. “Great,” she sighed out exhaustedly. “Overtime.”

She put the key in the door, unlocked the lock, and turned the knob. When she opened the door Apollo watched the area of the racing facility that they now inhabited spill out into the expanse of a lush, sunshine drenched, multicolored garden. She stepped out onto the grassy floor and held the door open for him, her eyes eagerly beckoning him forward. Apollo moved forward and soon he too found himself abandoning the atmosphere of laughter, cigar smoke, and clinking wine glasses for the plush natural scene that awaited him. She closed the door behind him.

“Perfect,” Syntax said, his fingers racing across the assortment of equipment in front of him. “Just perfect. I’m living every operator’s nightmare and he wants to play Harry Houdini. Come on! Where the hell are you?”

“Do you mind if ask why you’d be so interested in helping us?” Apollo said to the exotic beauty guiding him to and through parts unknown. He took in the sight of the sculpted landscape as well as the enormous estate residence that it appeared to belong to with as much a sense of
caution as awe. Although he appeared to be surrounded by splendor at every turn he remained weary of any potential dangers this place could very well pose to him.

“You’re right to be suspicious,” the Euro-accented femme said to him as they walked, seemingly toward a large greenhouse in the distance. “Under any other circumstances I’d be content to remain displaced from affairs such as these. They have a tendency to become very messy entirely too quickly for my tastes.”

“You certainly don’t come of as someone with an affinity for chaotic entanglements,” Apollo said to her.

“Sure enough, the appeal of the lavishness of comfort is by no means lost on me, but I’d be a lair if I were to lead you to believe that my palate has completely lost the predilection for certain…sticky situation, shall we put it.”

“Good to know,” Apollo replied, his lips gently curving up into the most subtle of grins.

When they reached the green house she pulled open the glass door and held it open for him. “Persephone,” she said to him.

Apollo stopped moving and turned to look at her. “What was that?” he asked.

“It’s my name. In the event that you find some use for it later.”

The two of them moved from the greenhouse and into the walls of the Chateau that it was attached to. Persephone then proceeded to lead him through an expensively adorned series of corridors and rooms before they finally settled in one of the studies. Persephone moved over to a small wood carved table in the corner of the dimly lit room that was filled with shelves stocked with antique books that looked like they haven’t been read in centuries. The floor was decorated with an arrangement of dark red cushioned sofas and chairs that would have made for comfortable sitting for anyone desiring to utilize this room for its intended purpose.

She picked up a small cube shaped crystal container and pulled the cork out of the neck of the bottle. “Brandy?” she said to him. Apollo simply nodded his concurrence and she emptied some of the fluid into the bottom of two matching glasses. Persephone walked over to him and handed him drink. Taking a sip from her glass, she took a step back while letting her eyes crawl over his form from his head to his feet and back up once more.

“You said that you had some information that I needed,” Apollo said, getting back to the reason that he had followed this woman here in the first place.

“Yes. Information. About the latest interloper to this system that the Oracle is currently protecting. Don’t worry. I have what it is that you seek. The question is…whether or not you have what it is that I require.”

Apollo took a small drink from his glass and stepped away from her over to his left around the arm of a couch and toward one of the bookshelves. “Then I take this couldn’t be any further from an ‘out of the kindness of your heart’ sort of deal?”

“On the contrary. It’s not the content of my heart that should concern you at this point. What’s currently of any relevance in this situation is the drive behind yours.”

“I’m afraid you’ve lost me,” Apollo said to her.

“No. It’s me that I’ve lost. You…You’re always right where you want to be, aren’t you, Apollo?” As shocked as he was to hear this stranger utter his name, the only reaction Apollo gave to it was to take another sip from his glass. “Exactly where you’re needed the most. When you’re needed the most.” Persephone tasted her liquor once more and began to circle around to the other side of the couch that now stood between them, Apollo refusing to take his eyes off of her. “Moved into action by such an unbridled passion that just refuses to be denied. It’s what draws them to you, you know?” she said, moving around the arm of the couch and slowly closing the distance between them. “That relentless aura of energy that you give off.”

“And what use is this supposed aura to be to you?” he asked her. He emptied the rest of the contents of the glass he held and sat it down on the bookshelf to his left as Persephone closed in within inches of him. He watched as she gently tilted the edge of her glass up to her mouth, barely touching it against her slightly parting lips. The warm fluid ran back across her tongue and she lowered it once more.

“I want to taste it; to sample once more the raw sensation of passion unleashed. Then, and only then, will I turn over the information that you seek.”

“And how exactly am I supposed to provide you with this…sample?”

Persephone gently maneuvered her lips into a soft, sinister smile. “Surely, one of such obvious and adamant endowments as you appear to be shouldn’t require a lesson in such matters.”

The two of them stood there in silence for a moment. As Persephone reached her right hand over and sat her glass down on the bookshelf Apollo further shortened the distance between the couple. Eventually there was little more than a sliver of light between their two bodies. He touched his right hand to her waist and slowly pushed it around to the small of her back. Persephone gripped his leather covered bicep in her palm, encouraging him in his venture. He let his other hand move up beneath her arm and push through her darkened streaks of hair until he was able to take hold of her by the warm digitally crafted skin at the back of her neck. Tilting his head and angling it to the side, Apollo felt Persephone take hold of his left shoulder and rub her hand up his right bicep as he pulled her lips in to meet his.

He pulled her body in tightly against his and she forced an even deeper kiss on his lips before he eventually broke his mouth away from her, still keeping it in a very close proximity to hers. “Have you tasted enough, or do I remain indebted to you?”

“What you seek expands beyond measure,” she whispered softly against his lips.

“Then let such be the price for its recovery,” he said, sliding his right hand up her back until his fingers finally took hold of a tiny zipper. Pulling her back into his lips, his hand cautiously began to draw down the mechanism holding the outfit that she wore together.
-Duo

Trug
The Blue Pill
The Blue Pill

Post by Trug »

Trix wrote:
Trug wrote:I don't understand...

Dustin met with the potential.
Raven is in a different place altogether.
Oh... I thought it said Dustin was with Raven... I get it now... Sorry for my not being smartness.

Edit:

Apollo's gonna get some!!!

lucky...
syntax
Deus Ex Machina
Deus Ex Machina

Post by syntax »

"We all have a social mask, right? We put it on, we go out, put our best foot forward, our best image. But behind that social mask is a personal truth, what we really, really believe about who we are and what we're capable of."

“I don’t understand,” the young man said to Dustin as he watched this strange dark leather adorned individual pace over towards the row of windows on the wall opposite the classroom door. “What is the matrix?”

Dustin stared out of the glass paneling at the landscape that lie just beyond. “Why don’t we start out with the more complicated of issues here with us now. Who do you think you are?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” the kid said, having a seat in the reclining chair behind the teacher’s desk. “And how’s that going to help me figure out…”

“You wanted to know what the matrix was?” Dustin said, spinning his head around and turning the sunglasses on his face toward the youth. “Well, that all depends…on who’s asking the question.” A moment of silence found Dustin turning his head back to the window. “You’re conflicted.”

The kid turned his eyes down toward the desktop in front of him. “Is that a bad thing?”

“It’s a luxury and unfortunately for you and I it’s one that can’t seldom be sustained.”

“All right then. Fine. What if I don’t care to know? What happens to me then, huh? If there’s no matrix then there can’t be any question. And if there’s no question then there can’t be any conflictions in seeking its answer.”

“And you could exist like that?” Dustin asked him.

“What kind of an existence is it to be in constant doubt of yourself and everything around you?”

“A life spent in denial.”

“A life of peace.”

“If you say so,” Dustin replied.

Raven’s cell phone went off in her coat pocket. Pulling it out and placing it to the side of her head, she said, “Yeah?”

“Alright. Just stay calm and try not to panic,” Syntax spoke to her as he worked at his terminals.

“Opening the conversation with a sentiment like that certainly doesn’t help in achieving that goal.”

“Point taken.”

“What’s going on? What’s happening?”

“Agents.” Her eyelids spread wide at the mere mention of the word. “I count…three of them. On their way up, and in a fast way.”

Raven stood up quickly from her seat, jostling the desk in front of her. Syntax could hear her begin to hyperventilate into the phone. “What!?! Agents! Coming Here!”

“Alright. Just stay calm and try not to panic.”

“Let me assure you that’s pretty much not an option at this point.” Raven moved out from behind the desk. “Now can you get me out of here or what?”

“I’m…well, I’m working on it.”

“Perfect,” she said to herself, pulling the phone away from her head. “Just perfect.” Raven turned toward the man who had been so kind as to escort her up to this deathtrap and said, “Hey.” He looked at her with a surprised look on his face and pointed a finger towards himself. “No, the other idiot I’m stuck in here alone with,” she said. The extreme direness of her current situation was quickly unraveling her patience. “Of course you. Is there another way out of here? A back door or…”

Suddenly a layer of paneling on the wall behind the desk exploded out as a body came hurling through the structure. He crashed to the floor right at Raven’s feet and when he rolled over onto his back Raven got a look at the agony twisted face behind the dust covered spectacles and recognized him immediately. It was the same guy whom she’d just been conversing with via the computer uplink. Turning her eyes back to the door sized hole in the wall he’d just created, she watched as a very calm and collected Agent stepped through the opening and made his way into the room.

“You were next door this whole time?” she asked, dropping her eyes back down to the man struggled to make it up to his feet.

“Ms. Starks,” a voice called out. Raven turned her head to the left and watched as two more Agents entered the room from the opposite direction as they’re compatriot who had opened up his own path through the wall. “I’m afraid you continue to disappointment me.”

“Yeah? My apologies. I wasn’t aware that I was under any obligation to do otherwise. Mind if I ask exactly who the hell you are?”

“Smith. And I believe that I sent you a package quite some time ago,” the Agent said, stepping away from his partner and closing the distance between him and the rebel, along with the two individuals standing on either side of her. “A parcel that you were expected to have put to…rather good use by now.”

“What package? What are you talking…The disc!” Raven exclaimed after giving it a moment’s thought. “That was you? You sent me that disc?”

“You’re a quick study, Ms. Stark,” Smith said, coming to a stop right in front of her. “Unfortunately for your sake you’re just not quick enough. Then again, perhaps it’s simply the proper motivation that you lack.” Smith drew back his right hand knocked his fist into her chest hard enough to send Raven soaring back into the wall across the room.

Cringing at the sight of her abuse, the gentleman that had once been so eager to secure a deal with the young rebel wanted nothing more than to simply save his own neck at this point. “Listen,” he said, addressing Smith. “I would just like you to know that I plan on fully cooperating to the best…” Smith swung the back of his left fist at him and knocked him over the desk that Raven had once occupied, shattering the laptop they had once used to communicate with.

Raven was up on her feet again but she didn’t remain on them for long. Pushing off of the floor, she lunged her outstretched body at Smith and flew into his chest, her two fists landing dead center. As he careened back towards the wall behind him, Raven noticed the Agent on her right making his move. She threw a sidekick at his chest but all that accomplished was allowing him to get a hold of her by the ankle. With one quick sideways twist of his body she found herself being hurled through the air in the direction of the desk. After her back hit against the wall Raven slid down to the floor next her skittish client.

“What are we going to do?” he asked, cowering next to her.

She was still reeling from the smart of her ordeal. “Oh, shut up,” she said, clamoring to her feet and making a beeline for the hole in the wall that the Agent had created when he tossed the guy’s body through.

“No!” he cried out, coming to his feet and starting after her. “Wait for me!”

Even though the cell phone was stuffed down in his pocket, the ringing noise that it made reverberated loudly in the empty classroom. Turning away from the window and pacing toward the other end of the classroom, Dustin pulled it out and answered it. “What is it?” he spoke.

“Hate to interrupt your little tutelage session, but Raven’s hip deep in a nasty spot of no good,” Syntax said to him, the screens in front his workstation flashing from one image to the next in lightning succession.

“Where is she?” Dustin asked.

“Silicon District. Center of Cromwell and Hearst. And you’re on the clock.”

Dustin hung up the phone and dropped it back into his pocket.

“Aren’t you even going to tell me?” the young lad seated behind the desk said to him. Dustin turned his head and gave him his shade covered eyes. “What the matrix is?”

“You sure you want to know?” Letting those be his last words spoken, Dustin swiftly turned his body all the way around, throwing his right fist out in front of him before his feet left the ground. He shot through the air like a bolt of lightening, creating a wind shear that kicked up some of the loose debris in the classroom and carried it with him as he smashed through the forth story window and struck out towards the horizon.
-Duo

syntax
Deus Ex Machina
Deus Ex Machina

Post by syntax »

"Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy."
- Bill Gates

Apollo gripped hold of a fistful of bed sheets as he tilted his lips down toward the area of perfume scented flesh where the side of Persephone’s neck melded into her shoulder. She turned her head to the side and breathed a moan into his ear before whispering out a comment in a language that he didn’t understand. Dark green silk sheets covered their bare skin as the couple continued to gently gyrate atop the mattress in her bedroom.

Apollo rolled himself over onto his back and Persephone followed his motion, positioning her body above his and staring down into the face that the her night black hair draped down and covered. She breathed out a shocked sigh of disbelief as Apollo took hold of her by the digitized sweat glazed flesh at the small of her back, brushed his fingers into her hair across the left side of her head, and pushed back the night color as he hoisted his upper up. Persephone sat up on his lap and tilted her head back. Her eyelids slowly lowered shut and she breathed in deep as she reveled in the sensation of his wet lips moving down the center of her chest while his fingers glided down her spine.

Trix drew back her right fist as she stared ahead at the dazed individual that she held up by the front of his shirt. After releasing the hammer and planting the blunt of her fury dead center into his chest she was left to stand there and watch as his body careened back into the wall behind him. The force with which she’d sent him flying saw to it that he penetrated the barrier with hardly any problem at all. Unfortunately for him, his body continued to remain in motion as it headed for the next wall at his back. Even Trix was forced to cock her head to the side as she watched him once again make hole in the wall as his body continued to travel. The third barrier proved to be a charm. Although he collided with it solidly enough, he only managed to crack an indention in it rather than puncture through. Once he slumped down to the floor she turned her eyes to the area at her back.

Despauna threw the rifle he held down to the floor that was cluttered with the dead or dying bodies of him and his shipmate’s former opponents. With no combatants left to occupy his attention he turned his black sunglass covered eyes toward the pair of desks atop the slightly raised platform on the other side of the room; taking particular notice of the two bodies that continued to occupy a seat behind each piece of furniture. Taking a single step in their direction, Despauna quickly found himself halted by a hand coming down on his right shoulder. He turned his head back to look at Trix.

“No,” she said to him. “Allow me.”

“Be my guest,” Despauna responded, extending his hand out toward the area of the room in front of him as Trix began to move in the direction of the Duumvirs.

“Now, now, now…wait just a minute!” black suit said, rising from his seat. Trix leapt through the air in his direction. The soles of her footwear came down hard on the top of his desk, shaking loose a few splinters of wood. When he tried to back away from her she reached down with her left hand and grabbed him up by the front lapels of the jacket her wore, lifting his feet away from the ground as she pulled his face up level with the dust covered shade lenses that she stared at him through. “I’m sure there’s some way we can work this out sans any further…misunderstandings.” A strained smile spread across his quivering lips.

“We showed you ours,” Trix said to him. She jerked his face in closer to hers. “Now you can either drop trou or be buried in them. Your choice.”

“What are you waiting for!?!” black suit said, turning his face over to his partner. White suit fumbled around nervously in one of the top drawers of his desk before finally hoisting up a disc beside his head, clutched tight in his trembling fingers.

Trix didn’t even bother turning her head in his direction. She simply jutted out her right arm and the disc that he held came streaking through the air until it collided with the palm of her hand. Clutching her fist closed around it, she smiled and said, “Always a pleasure,” before releasing her hold on black suit and letting him drop back down to the floor behind his desk. He stumbled backwards and came to a seat in his chair. Trix turned her back to him and stepped down off of the desk on her way back over to Despauna’s side. He raised his palm in the air and she slapped the disc into his hand. “Can we please get out of here now?”

“I don’t see why not.” He turned his glance back to the Duumvirs. “You gentlemen have nice day.”

Trix moved across the room on her way toward the exit. The strained grunts of one of the downed henchmen who was making an attempt to struggle back up to his feet caught her attention. Without even breaking stride, Trix lifted up her right foot and kicked it out, making a solid connection with the individual’s left jaw, dropping him back down to the canvas as she continued on her way.

Apollo stared at the bare skin of Persephone’s back and watched as she pulled the sheer silk material of a black robe up over her shoulders. He rose up from the bed pulling his black short sleeved shirt down over his head and across his chest, tucking it into his pants. He kept his eyes trained on his hostess’ body as she made her way across the room toward a large armoire. Persephone pulled open the doors and reached her hand inside. She turned around and dangled a key in front of the see-through material of her silk covered chest. It was attached to a silver chain that was wrapped around her right index finger. “Here are the answers that you seek,” she said to him. “Just as I promised.”

Apollo stretched out his hand and the metal chain around her finger began to uncoil as the key pulled away from her. It came at him slowly and he took hold of the object by the chain when it reached him. Apollo held the key up in front of his face. “Mind if I ask where the lock is?” he said to her.

Persephone walked back across the room and closed the distance between the two of them. “The answer to that I leave to your resourcefulness.” She pulled him into her and placed a short lived kiss on the corner of his mouth before moving her lips around to his right ear lobe. “Take care, lover,” she whispered into his ear. “The path you walk now is beset on all sides by the treachery of those both aligned with you as well as against you.”

Apollo pulled away from her, reached down to the bed, and snatched up his coat. He walked toward her bedroom door while sliding his arms into the leather sleeves.
-Duo

syntax
Deus Ex Machina
Deus Ex Machina

Post by syntax »

“You have to help me!” the man called out to Raven’s back as he sprinted through the hallway behind her.

“That all depends,” Raven said. “Do you plan on conducting any business with us in the future.”

“Yes! Yes!” he replied, his words coated in fear. “Anything you say!”

“Fine.” Raven ceased the pumping motion of her legs and came to a sudden stop. She stretched her right hand behind her before her stumbling traveling companion had a chance to collide with her body and took hold of him by the front of his shirt. With her left hand she quickly snatched open a door imbedded in the wall beside her and flung his body into the broom closet.

“Wait a minute!” he called out and started back towards the hallway. “What are you…” A swift sidekick to his face silenced his words and alleviated him of his consciousness. Watching him slump down to the floor, Raven shut the closet door closed. When she turned her eyes in the direction that she had just come from she watched a trio of suits make the corner with Smith at the center. They stood in place and Smith brought his hand up to the earpiece lodged into the canal of his right ear.

Raven hurried on her way. Making the next corner, she was instantly met by the sight of three fresh new Agents blocking her path in the distance. “Damn it!” she said as they all broke out into a run in her direction. With both of her exits blocked, she did the only thing she could possible do in the hopes that it just might have the slightest chance of keeping her alive for even a few moments more.

The glass window on the side of the building shattered to bits as Raven’s body came crashing through it; a twin set of clenched fists stretched out in front of the top of her head. Her arms suddenly fanned out beside her as she flipped her body over. She came down feet first, followed by a single palm as she knelt, in the large water filled fountain at the center of a small picnic area that the company must have erected to allow their employees to enjoy meals and breaks outdoors when the weather allotted for such a thing.

A wall of water exploded into the air all around her as she crashed down. Raven rose upright in the knee deep pool and watched with a look of shock on her face as every gawking, shocked out of their mind onlooker suddenly began to shudder and convulse under the strain of their transformation. “Shit,” she uttered under her breath. There had to be at least twenty or thirty pairs of suits and dark colored shades stepping in her direction from every position all around her.

Raven threw back the hanging lapels of her trench coat and drew out a matching black set of fully automatic handguns. Jutting both of her arms out beside her and holding them shoulder high, she simultaneous squeezed back on both triggers and filled the air with a thunderous applause.

Her legs began to move through the water as she slowly twirled her body around while emptying both magazines. All around her she could see the blurred over images of the deep rows of Agents doing what the could to dodge every projectile that she sent rocketing their way. When her guns were finally empty Raven threw them down into the depths of the pool before leaping out of the water and into the air.

Her body did a full three hundred and sixty degree revolution in the before she threw out her leg and used her foot to make contact with the face jutting out of the suit that had jumped her way. Raven came down to the sight of another Agent closing in on her fast. And another. And another. And another. She was growing fairly alarmed. She front kicked one in the chest. Duck the hard swinging blow of another. Back flipped over a sweeping move. But it didn’t take too long for one of their hard hitting closed fists to make contact with her body and knock her down to the pavement.

Raven lifted her eyes and looked on in horror as the gathering of Agents began to close in on her fallen position. Lifting her eyes higher, she felt a small glimmer of hope pierce her being as she looked up into the sky and saw Dustin’s image falling fast from the cloud cover above.

Raven felt the impact tremor when his feet smashed into the stone surface no more than a few feet from where she lie. The concrete beneath his feet was dented in and cracked. Taking in the sight of the men who continued to close the circle around them, Dustin lowered his arms down beside him, let the coat he wore slip down from over his shoulders, and went to work.

Raven climbed to her feet and walked over to where Dustin’s discarded coat lay. Reaching down to pick it up, she was finding it quite difficult for her eyes to keep up with the motion of Dustin’s arms and legs. She watched Agent’s body being knocked back while barely being able to catch sight of the punch responsible. Dustin had managed to consume the complete attention of every Agent present and was making them each pay for it in turn.

Well…

All except for one Agent in particular who had failed to be drawn into combat with spry young rebel.

“Ms. Starks,” Raven heard a voice call out to her. She turned her face toward her left shoulder and saw Smith taking a few steps in her direction before stopping in the distance. “Time is running out, Ms. Starks. Stop him before he rises. It is imperative.”

Still staring over in Agent Smith’s direction, Raven suddenly felt an arm clutching around the front of her waist and a pair of solid pectorals pressing up against her back. And just like that, the ground began to move away from her feet. Her body headed up towards the cloud cover above her while her eyes remained trained on Smith for as long as she could still see him.
-Duo