I believe that this is a world powered by thought

Is the universe a hologram? Are we living in a giant metaphysical Matrix? Discuss about it in here...
(Registered users only)

Moderator: Trix

Is the Matrix Real?

YES
No votes
Who Knows
No votes

Total votes: 0

Akna Uskie
Hacker
Hacker

I believe that this is a world powered by thought

Post by Akna Uskie »

MAybe not a MAtrix but more of an infinite void of thought (@_@) I think we create our own destiny
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

In a way that is kind of true, like the 'If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around does it make a noise?' that answer to that is no it doesn't nosie only exist if something is there to hear it, if nothing hears it the waves would just keep going until they fade out. same with anything really, like a dog whistle we can't hear it so to us it doesn't exist.

If everyone on earth was blind there would be no such thing as colour, since nobody can tell it exist, its all really about how we precieve things
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

This is twice this week now that I've entered into the "if a tree falls in the forest" discussion this week.

Percieved realities are, of course, all that we can really prove, mostly because that is all we have ever experienced. You don't know what it's like to be, think, live in the life of the person next to you, or hell, even your pet. No matter how well we study the human mind, no matter how much we find out, only the individual will truly experience every condition is expressed to that individual. In fact, for all you know, the world outside of you is mearly an illusion, a figment of your imagination. These words were not in fact written my myself, but invented and experienced by you and you alone, because nothing else really exists, they are just as phony as the Matrix itself.

This of course is a thought most self-aware beings probably have at one point or another. This is, of course, an assumption made on my part as I obviously am incapable of asking every other self-aware being currently in existence, forget by-passing the communication barrier.

People of course would immediatly wish to reject this thought for the exact same reason why people believe in their religion; they are afraid of being alone, they are afraid that they do not have a reason of living, and if nothing existed outside of what they percieved, there would coincidentaly be no higher purpose.

However, this exact same situation could potentially be percieved as the exact opposite for someone. They could see themselves, in their reality, as being of a higher power. This "Self-God" concept could lead to thoughts of a "greater destiny", immortality, and potential hidden powers that will with time reveal themselves to the individual when they are most needed. People are most succeptable to this if they are creative thinkers, already have a mental problem that makes them feel superior to others, or just smoke way too much dope.
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~