Black Holes. Are they really what they say they are?

Is the universe a hologram? Are we living in a giant metaphysical Matrix? Discuss about it in here...
(Registered users only)

Moderator: Trix

Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Black Holes. Are they really what they say they are?

Post by Trix »

So, you enter into a black hole, you bacicly don't exist anymore, like, every molecule just vanishes, never to return, but, how could this be possible?

Think about it. We have only the words of scientists to go by, which indeed could be a whole load of bull, as the public is never told the entire truth. Or sometimes any of it for that matter. Just another lie to simplify things, smooth them over, an awnswer that, if chosen to be believed by a person isn't complicated or anything, it's just an easy thing to accept. Personaly, I wouldn't doubt for a minute that there are a whole flock of creative idealists working around the clock making up crap for us to be fed so that we just stop asking questions. Those that are not troubled with ideas, the ones who don't sit up at their computers night after night looking for something, anything, that could acctually make sence to them. Take for instance, a new book I have just bought compared to what I just finished learning about in science. Human body, in science class it's about what things do, instead of HOW they do it. Take cells and mitosis for example, they give us the where, when, what, and why, but not really the how. Yeah, yeah.. if I ever tried to explane this to about three quarters of my science class, I'd get "yes they do explain, the cell divides by doig this". Again, those that except the simple awnsers. But it dosn't really explain anything, does it? How is it that the chromosomes can acctually move to seperate poles? Which brings me back to my referance on my book, how is it that life even came to be? This book is exploring theorys on it and is so far, pretty satisfying.

I know that I'm getting a little off track... cells? black holes? what in the world do they have in common? Lies, for one. Human acceptance for another, and people like you and me thinking about things like this trying to find an explanation that makes sence. So here here we go...

Supposidly, you enter into a black hole, time starts to slow down, or rather for you, it speeds up.. and then you start to shrink and then ceace to exist. What if this didn't happen? After all, it is only a theory, no one could possibly prove this until we send out a craft, and even then, upon reaching the center of the black hole, we would never really find out what happens. The idea of the fact that part of this theory seems logical to me. Time slowing down upon travling towards the black hole would indeed be somthing to think about. This gives us a factor that our 4th dimention can be twisted and warped insanely, which would probably imply that any other dimention in existence (right now it is thought to be about 11 dimensions but then again as I said before nothing has to e reveiled to the public if we are not to know about it, we know absolutly nothing if we rely only on media and not our own minds). This might be another proof into my entire "the universe is a hologram" idea. But while I agree with time slowing down, I don't agree with it stopping, nor with the idea that matter or time getting destroyed. In another article, and I don't remember which one exacly off the top of my head (though I'm pretty sure it was the universe is a hollogram) he said that the universe was contantly expanding. Perhaps black holes are a way of giving matter to the universe so it can continue expanding. Or perhaps they are worm holes, bending time in such a way that it loops around on itself (i.e. time travel).

So I've given some incompleate thoughts, I hope this provokes some ideas for you all to share, this is, my LONGEST post ever and I'm going to retire now to my room to go read some more of my wonderful book and think more about this subject :)
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
Riff
Potential
Potential

Post by Riff »

I completly agree with you especially about the black holes actually being worm holes.

This hole consept is very interesting to me.
Jeff Darwin
Boxer R65
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by Boxer R65 »

Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

Stephen Hawking is one of my many scientific role models. :)

*swear on oath I never acctually read his theory until now, just heard that he had came up with a new one, nor were any of my thoughts influenced by others, and that this theory of mine was compleatly original (to me anyway)*

~Trix~
Riff
Potential
Potential

Post by Riff »

Don't worry I believe you completly. :)
Jeff Darwin
Boxer R65
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by Boxer R65 »

Trix: I'm curious as to the book you're reading. What is the name of it?
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

It's called:

The 5th Miracle: The search for the origin and Meaning of life.
By: Paul Davies.

It's mostly about exploring the ideas of how we (life forms) were created and if it's possible that there are other life forms in the universe or were we simply a mistake, ect.

~Trix~
Boxer R65
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by Boxer R65 »

The fiction book I just finished touched on an interesting theory called Panspermia. It is a theory that forwards the idea that a meteorite splashed into the 'primordial soup' bringing the first seed of microbial life to earth. Which means that earth's life forms and extraterrestrial like-forms would be identical. WE ARE THE ALIENS.

I find this funny

:lol:
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

But... if the premordal soup is what created us, then we were still formed on earth.

~Trix~
Boxer R65
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by Boxer R65 »

Good point!

I went and tried to dig up more information on this on a few websites. I’m not sure where the websites feality lies however, one of them was laid out well and explained stuff in layman’s terms. I have no affiliation with this website what-so-ever.

A scientist Stanley Miller, in 1950 performed an experiment by putting ammonia, methane and hydrogen into a sealed glass apparatus containing boiling water and simulated lightning with a high-voltage induction coil. Within a few days the water and glass were stained with a reddish goo. Chemical analysis showed that the goo contained amino acids - the building blocks of protein, the basic stuff of life.

Miller’s experiment was hailed as providing stunning evidence that life can arise out of simple chemical reactions in a ‘primordial soup’, and found its way into science textbooks the world over.

Problem is that, apparently, prebiotic soup has never been found in the fossil record, not even in the oldest rocks on Earth, the 3.9 million year old ‘dawn rocks’ of Western Greenland.

So a couple, Sir Fred Hoyle and Chandra Wickramasinghe wrote their book Evolution from Space (New York, Simon and Schuster, 1981), seriously suggesting their theory of ‘transpermia’ - that life originated in outer space and got transported here via comets, meteorites and interplanetary dust.

Not sure if they were actually the first to offer up the transpermia theory however.

I stand corrected re the primordial soup until such a time as our ancestry can be proven. However, this means we still could be the aliens.

sourced from the following website: http://www.stalbans.org.nz/teachings/ro ... ig_lif.htm
thelonleyone
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by thelonleyone »

I belive in the metal gear solid theroy.That the world is run by 12 patriots and know every single thing that is going to what u eat in the morning to what toliet u piss in in the afternoon.They can make are lives turn upside down,a living hell.
Do we, do we know
When we fly
When we, when we go
Do we die
Boxer R65
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by Boxer R65 »

I'm of the belief that you make your own "living hell". You can blame it on patriots ( whom you never see) or not. We create the degree of living that we want.
syntax
Deus Ex Machina
Deus Ex Machina

Post by syntax »

I'm sure there are people out there that can influence your degree of living one way or the other. :evil:
I'm going back to the matrix and I want you to come with me.
-Duo

www.myspace.com/plotholes
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

How oddly this conversation hasw changed..

Anyway.. while I do believe in fate, destiny.. blah blah blah.. I don't believe in a god like being, or any other being, for that matter, that recognizes only humans as souls.. and I also don't really believe in the idea that destiny relys on such insignificant living things such as humans, and that true destiny belongs to a greater "plan" i guess you could call it.

~Trix~
syntax
Deus Ex Machina
Deus Ex Machina

Post by syntax »

If you don't believe in a God then who's greater plan is it?
I'm going back to the matrix and I want you to come with me.
-Duo

www.myspace.com/plotholes