Black Holes. Are they really what they say they are?

Is the universe a hologram? Are we living in a giant metaphysical Matrix? Discuss about it in here...
(Registered users only)

Moderator: Trix

zed
Infantry Soldier
Infantry Soldier

Post by zed »

a black hole is like the construct or the train station to another universe.
There ya go, the truth is told!!! :twisted:
It is purpose that created us- purpose that connects us-purpose that pulls us-that guides us-that drives us-it is purpose that defines-purpose that binds us.
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

zed.. how much of this topic did you actually read?!?
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
oeneno
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter

Post by oeneno »

God is an Alien who had a master plan for 12 patriot angels to pour the primordial soup on to earth, in which life accelerated when catalyzed with the heat and electricity of an impact made by a comet of human souls.

There.
return 0;
Boxer R65
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by Boxer R65 »

oeneno,

I would like to suggest that your knack for blending and ameliorating many ideas into one grand unified theory would be well served in the forum called FAN FICTION. I would especially like to draw your attention to two stories there that need an imagination like yours. Troy and further down The Dream are stories written and posted on this site with the express purpose of having the narrative continued by other members. Of course you could always start your own story, but I think your ability would be best served by seeing what's already posted there and then just goin' wild - can be as long or short as you like.
God is an Alien who had a master plan for 12 patriot angels to pour the primordial soup on to earth, in which life accelerated when catalyzed with the heat and electricity of an impact made by a comet of human souls.
That's funny. :)
oeneno
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter

Post by oeneno »

funny and cynical as it is, it is within the realm of possibility. After all, wouldn't it be a great mediation between the evolutiona and creation theories? (Yes I know, it follows the deist thinking, but still.)
return 0;
Boxer R65
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by Boxer R65 »

:P Science, meet religeon. :P Religeon meet science.
Now shake hands.

=D>
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

i heard somewhere that time slows down near a black hole and inside it stop completely, i have no idea how they can find that out.

anyway i woke up the other day and my TV was on and it was something about a String Theory, which is what some people think is inside atoms, and how this can explain the universe, (i doubt it) but that is what Albert Enstien (yes the man who couldn't tie his tie) was tring to work out for the last 30 years of his life. one equation to solve everything. you can find out more about the String Theroy

http://superstringtheory.com/ here

i think the movie Constantine (not as far as the movie takes it) hassome good ideas about God and Satan, they are aloud to influnce what happens but not interfere, which would explain a lot, but i dont know what to believe, if there is only one god, why are there so many religions? not all of them can be true, can they?
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

Apollo wrote:i heard somewhere that time slows down near a black hole and inside it stop completely, i have no idea how they can find that out.

anyway i woke up the other day and my TV was on and it was something about a String Theory, which is what some people think is inside atoms, and how this can explain the universe, (i doubt it) but that is what Albert Enstien (yes the man who couldn't tie his tie) was tring to work out for the last 30 years of his life. one equation to solve everything. you can find out more about the String Theroy

http://superstringtheory.com/ here

i think the movie Constantine (not as far as the movie takes it) hassome good ideas about God and Satan, they are aloud to influnce what happens but not interfere, which would explain a lot, but i dont know what to believe, if there is only one god, why are there so many religions? not all of them can be true, can they?
Constantine.. another thumbs up Keanu Reeves movie.

As for the theory behind it all. Has anyone ever hear the saying "if God did not create humans, then humans would create god"?

This is very much true. The stories we hear are from times long before even the first signs of the study science appeared. People who could not comprehend, but wanted to know, or find a reason to the reason and meaning of life invented gods to compensate. People today only believe in these out of fear or need for belonging.

Come on, people are obviously going to go to church if they have been convinced that they will otherwise live etenaly in torture, right?

~Trix~
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

i think thats a big problem for religion now, "how can there be a god if he lets so many bad things happen" which is causeing less people to believe that there is a God
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

Apollo wrote:i think thats a big problem for religion now, "how can there be a god if he lets so many bad things happen" which is causeing less people to believe that there is a God
The reason I'm not religious: growing up I was able to take my own path. Logic and a need for understanding far outweighed my need for spiritual need for belonging and being taken care of by a God.

"God. He's my favorite fictional character" -H. Simpson

~Trix~
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

Trix wrote:
Apollo wrote:i think thats a big problem for religion now, "how can there be a god if he lets so many bad things happen" which is causeing less people to believe that there is a God
The reason I'm not religious: growing up I was able to take my own path. Logic and a need for understanding far outweighed my need for spiritual need for belonging and being taken care of by a God.

i wasnt getting at you, done get me wrong, "too each his own" is my motto

i saw a TV program a few years ago and i loved it, it was called "The Second Coming" it was about another son of God in the present and it was great. i cant remember the guy who played him, he was the bad guy in Gone in 60 Seconds

anyhoo, Homer could be right, what if God is a fictional character? but what if hes not, due to my "what if's" i cant make a choice on wiether to believe it or not.

thats why i am very open minded :D
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

Apollo wrote:
Trix wrote:

i saw a TV program a few years ago and i loved it, it was called "The Second Coming" it was about another son of God in the present and it was great. i cant remember the guy who played him, he was the bad guy in Gone in 60 Seconds

anyhoo, Homer could be right, what if God is a fictional character? but what if hes not, due to my "what if's" i cant make a choice on wiether to believe it or not.

I wasnt getting at you, just restating my point. There is a short story in my english class in an anthology that we were reading. It was about how the USA gets nuked on the ntire east side and that the only ones left are children, who grow up and reinvent the people on the east coast as gods who had magic machines to wash laundry and keep food cold and such, and called where the gods used to roam the death places.

Anyways, it basically shows that the less people acctually know, the more they need to invent in order to keep things stable.

~Trix~
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

Trix wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Trix wrote: The reason I'm not religious: growing up I was able to take my own path. Logic and a need for understanding far outweighed my need for spiritual need for belonging and being taken care of by a God.

I wasnt getting at you, just restating my point. There is a short story in my english class in an anthology that we were reading. It was about how the USA gets nuked on the ntire east side and that the only ones left are children, who grow up and reinvent the people on the east coast as gods who had magic machines to wash laundry and keep food cold and such, and called where the gods used to roam the death places.

Anyways, it basically shows that the less people acctually know, the more they need to invent in order to keep things stable.
hmm that sounds like a good story (dont want to sound sick, thinking nukes are cool and stuff like that) i think i know what you mean, if you havent seen Reign Of Fire, theres a scene where 2 characters play out a Star Wars scene to a class of kids , since the kids dont know about Star Wars, they askone of the characters if he really made up the story and he says "course i did" now the kids think that he came up with Star Wars

so since they were not around when it existed, they couldn't argue if he was telling the truth or not, so maybe thats what Jesus done. told people stories
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

All it is is stories. There is no proof. There is proof to evolution, but that is promptly dismissed because people want to believe they are superior.

~Trix~
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

yeah Philosophers versus Physicists (think thats how to spell it) the ultimate battle to answer the meaning of life