Black Holes. Are they really what they say they are?

Is the universe a hologram? Are we living in a giant metaphysical Matrix? Discuss about it in here...
(Registered users only)

Moderator: Trix

Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

Apollo wrote:yeah Philosophers versus Physicists (think thats how to spell it) the ultimate battle to answer the meaning of life
Philosophers ar also on our side. I'd pretty much say believers vs realists.
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

Trix wrote:
Apollo wrote:yeah Philosophers versus Physicists (think thats how to spell it) the ultimate battle to answer the meaning of life
Philosophers are also on our side. I'd pretty much say believers vs realists.
who do you think is winning this "battle" between the Believers and Realists (hee hee there like gang names)
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

at the moment it seems like realists will be the ultimate winners in the outcome, after all, modern technology easily replaces old customs.

~Trix~
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

Trix wrote:at the moment it seems like realists will be the ultimate winners in the outcome, after all, modern technology easily replaces old customs.
thats true, where as Realists can improve there technology, Believers still just use books, until there is a machine that can measure spritual activity, then i think the realists will win
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

don't you mean unless? :P

~Trix~
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

yeah i probably did, it sounded good in my head , but so does a lot of stuff, anyway for all we know there could be such a device in construction right now, unlikely unless the ghostbusters are doing it
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

ghostbusters?? o_0

~Trix~
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

you know, that beepy thing they had that told them if there was a ghost near by (i always wanted one of those, actually i wanted a proton pack :P)
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

Ah.. ok..

*needs coffee*

~Trix~
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

actually coffee makes you more thirsday, i suggest WATER (0% vol) and what are you compaling about its only 1:55 where you are, its 7:00 here an i havent been to sleep, i need coffee!!!!!

:morning:
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

well.. now it's 2:10

~Trix~
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

we can be here for a while if we just say what time it is! well now its 07:14 am, and thank God for Coca-Cola, God or the people at the Coca-Cola factory located in Uxbridge (apparently)
Boxer R65
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by Boxer R65 »

People today only believe in these out of fear or need for belonging.

Come on, people are obviously going to go to church if they have been convinced that they will otherwise live etenaly in torture, right?
I think, like your statement about the need for belonging, is right on the money when it comes to the positive benefits the church today offers. It is a community. And as a community it brings people together in times of celebration and sadness, tries to provide a moral centre in terms of living as a community and sharing our lives with one another ( this could also be construed as it trying to control us - cue the power hungry priests and all I can say is thank god the Inquisition went out of style).

Churches, attempt to offer shelter, provide advice ( this is probably what they're weakest at and have probably dispensed some pretty bad advice over time,). The church (inclusive of all churches and communities) offers diversified programs such as choirs, family support, tax breaks, concerts and most importantly, which is why it has lasted so long - it brings people together face to face.

For almost everything I have written above, not including the last point, the same could be said of this website.

In our post modernist world, unlike the tradional church, here in this matrix church, we are a scizophrenic communtiy, fragmented, separate from one another: individuals who come together at different points in time to share our ideas. Through technological means we remain separate and disjointed from each other. Yet, we consider this website a place for like-minded individuals to gather and speaking personally, liken it to a beacon of light to when I need a moment of respite from my daily responsibilities. Does this site ( church) help make us better people when we strangers meet face to face in the real world?

Or, is this the real world??

A true reflection of mankind's condition? Scizophrenic, fragmented we are a disparate collection of beings needing to try to figure out a way to become one with each other without hate - with love - a community. And isn't that what the traditional church has always tried to be?

:shock:
ThomasAnderson
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by ThomasAnderson »

I often thought for a while that black hole either lead an object to nothingness or either the object is ripped to bits, but what if black holes actually lead to another galaxy?
If anyone's up for MSN games, check me. I'm TwistedNerve303.
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

like some sort of trans dimentional gateway? i suppose theres no real way of finding out, its like one of natures unanswerable questions

does that mean that you think we are in a multiverse?