Was the B1-66ER Trial Fair?

The Animatrix series is meant to fill many gaps between Reloaded and Revolutions. But does it just leave you feeling "Matriculated"?...

Fair?

They done the right thing
11%
All should of had a trial
22%
B1-66ER shoudl be destory,the rest won't
56%
They should of let the machine get away with it
11%

Total votes: 9

Trug
The Blue Pill
The Blue Pill

Post by Trug »

But I am (sorta) hence the sickness.... :?
In the shadow of a memory, life becomes legend.
Existence goes on, but the myth will never end.
Passing down the story to the next of kin.
I'm kept here in the darkness, where I have always been.
MaRiO mAtRiX
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by MaRiO mAtRiX »

They should've just destroyed the B166ER that was responsible for the crime. No, on second thought, just keep him for Machine-in-prison :wink:
syntax
Deus Ex Machina
Deus Ex Machina

Post by syntax »

MaRiO mAtRiX wrote:They should've just destroyed the B166ER that was responsible for the crime. No, on second thought, just keep him for Machine-in-prison :wink:
That seems like a debate.

What effect would a prison term mean for a machine? Would it be like sticking your toaster in a closet as punishment. I mean how long did that 01 security system have to sit outside the machine city before someone approached?
I'm going back to the matrix and I want you to come with me.
-Duo

www.myspace.com/plotholes
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

syntax wrote:
MaRiO mAtRiX wrote:They should've just destroyed the B166ER that was responsible for the crime. No, on second thought, just keep him for Machine-in-prison :wink:

What effect would a prison term mean for a machine? Would it be like sticking your toaster in a closet as punishment. I mean how long did that 01 security system have to sit outside the machine city before someone approached?

Exactly.. machines have one thing that we will never have; the ability to ignore time. Not only that, but jail, while supposidly "rehabilitating" you, is taking time off of your life, whereas machines could very easily just continue to survive forever if they wanted to. Time to a machine is nothing, it is a human concept that while they may be able to understand it, they are not compelled to be controled by it.
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
MaRiO mAtRiX
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by MaRiO mAtRiX »

syntax wrote:

What effect would a prison term mean for a machine? Would it be like sticking your toaster in a closet as punishment.
Hey, there's a good idea. No, but seriously, about the Machine being in prison, who knows, I mean they have adapted so closely to man ever since the B1-66ER incident, why would they act any different than humans? I mean, I know they are different, and that they are Machines, but I mean didn't B1-66R kill those people while claiming that he "did not want to die"?
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

MaRiO mAtRiX wrote:
syntax wrote:

What effect would a prison term mean for a machine? Would it be like sticking your toaster in a closet as punishment.
Hey, there's a good idea. No, but seriously, about the Machine being in prison, who knows, I mean they have adapted so closely to man ever since the B1-66ER incident, why would they act any different than humans? I mean, I know they are different, and that they are Machines, but I mean didn't B1-66R kill those people while claiming that he "did not want to die"?

If you read my above post, you would understand. No matter how close they can simulate being human, time means nothing to them. It wouldn't be punishment.

~Trix~
MaRiO mAtRiX
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by MaRiO mAtRiX »

Well, how would you really know? I mean, who would've thought that the Machines would be capable of having such emotions? So, that was unexpected, so all I'm saying is that you never know...

*And yeah I did read your above post. :wink:
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

Because a machine can remain in a state of being for however long it is needed to stay in that state. A machine can shut itself down without change. Also, if you really wanted to teach a program a lesson, you'd program it to learn that lesson. We would do that with humans if we could, but we obviously have to learn much differently than a machine seeing as we don't have a USB port to download or upload anything we require.

~Trix~
NeoIsTheSixth
Council Member
Council Member

Post by NeoIsTheSixth »

The thing about Animatrix is that it shows us the machines are just as "Human" as we are. A prison sentance may not hurt them in the sense it hurts us, but being trapped in one location for a set number of time could make the machine go mad. Now you might say "machines don't go mad." I'm sure someone said that same thing about machines committing murder. They've outgrown their program.

As for this topic, was his trial fair? That's a tough question. Yes and no. Yes in the sense that he committed murder and had to be...put down. No in the sense that this was self defense. However, Humans didn't realize, at this point at least, that machines can actually fear death. That they can become frightened, etc. So it kind of wasn't the Humans fault for assuming that selling him for a better model would not have been a bad thing. How was he supposed to know that BI-66ER didn't want to die? Unless, there is a scene I'm forgetting and he said something before smashing their heads in. :P
"Hiya fellas." - Neo
MaRiO mAtRiX
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by MaRiO mAtRiX »

Apollo wrote:What difference would Jail make to a Machine?

B166ER was already being treated as a slave (as were all his Machine kind) so going to prision would be like a holiday for him
I'd have to disagree with you on that. B166ER chose not to be treated as a Machine any longer, so most likely he would feel the same way any human would feel.