Too Dark...

Released in 2003, written and directed by the Wachowskis themselves, they say this game completed the Matrix experience. Did it do it for you?
MaRiO mAtRiX
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Too Dark...

Post by MaRiO mAtRiX »

For those of you who have the game for the PS2, has anyone noticed that the game is hard to see? :cry: I mean, everything is just so dark, and even when I go to options and brighten the screen all the way, it is still very hard to see anything. Is this just my television, or what? I mean, not only do I have to brighten the settings on the game, but also I have to brighten the settings on my television. There is nothing old about my television, and I even tried the game in my living room and it is still dark. I mean, the gameplay is fine and all, however the cut-scenes and credits are too dark to see normally. Has this been known to happen on some copies of this game? :? Is there anyone who thinks they know what the hell is going on with the game? :mad:

And, even though I haven't been playing my PS2 for quite some time, when I first got the game, it still was dark during the credits and cutscenes. And at that time I was playing my PS2 quite often. This is very odd...
Agent-Smith
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by Agent-Smith »

Well, I have this game on my X-box so I don't know if i can help. But this game for me is a little bit on the darker side, but nothing out of the ordinary. No problems reported.
I was compelled to stay- compelled to disobey. And right now, here I stand because of you, Mr. Anderson. Because of you, I'm no longer an Agent of this system. Because of you, I'm unplugged. A new man, sort of speak- like you. Apparently free
Trug
The Blue Pill
The Blue Pill

Post by Trug »

Sorry, I had it for gamecube.

But I would try going to the root menu of the ps2 which comes up when you have no disk inside... and try fixing the brightness/contrast.

Or maybe your tv.

Quick Solution: Play the game with the lights out. I have learned from having a small TV that dark movies get even darker, almost black. So you turn out all the lights and it's a bit easier to see.

If it's a small tv... sorry bud, you're screwed.
In the shadow of a memory, life becomes legend.
Existence goes on, but the myth will never end.
Passing down the story to the next of kin.
I'm kept here in the darkness, where I have always been.
MaRiO mAtRiX
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by MaRiO mAtRiX »

Nope, didn't make any difference. I tried it on the bigger television in the living room, and it still wasn't any better.
Trug
The Blue Pill
The Blue Pill

Post by Trug »

Trug wrote:Sorry bud, you're screwed.
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

A bigger tv should of helped, i used to have one of those small portable tvs when i had my playstation, after i moved house i got a much bigger one and the different in 007 Nightfire was just amazing, i didn't even know there were stairs at the begining, because it was too dark on the smaller screen.
Trug
The Blue Pill
The Blue Pill

Post by Trug »

Same with me and LOZ: OOT... It was so dark until I moved it to the 25 inch.
MaRiO mAtRiX
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by MaRiO mAtRiX »

Apollo wrote:A bigger tv should of helped, i used to have one of those small portable tvs when i had my playstation, after i moved house i got a much bigger one and the different in 007 Nightfire was just amazing, i didn't even know there were stairs at the begining, because it was too dark on the smaller screen.
Interesting. Well, at least it's not just me who had problems with the lighting of the game. It's funny, because it shouldn't make a difference due to the size of the screen. They should all be in the same light regardless. Weird... :?
furiousangel92
Ship Captain
Ship Captain

Post by furiousangel92 »

I had darkness issues with mine on the PS2 it is a weebit harder to see then ordinary games for some reason and i have a huge as T.V. that i play it o to maybe its just the PS2 problems
"The orcle told me that i would fall in love and that,that man...the man that i loved would be the one"

-Trinity(The Matrix 1999)
MaRiO mAtRiX
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by MaRiO mAtRiX »

furiousangel92 wrote:I had darkness issues with mine on the PS2 it is a weebit harder to see then ordinary games for some reason and i have a huge as T.V. that i play it o to maybe its just the PS2 problems
Yeah, but thank God for PoN!!!
Trug
The Blue Pill
The Blue Pill

Post by Trug »

Ouch man that hurts. I lost my PS2 in a move (sister's boyfriend stole it)
MaRiO mAtRiX
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by MaRiO mAtRiX »

Are you serious? Dang, that sucks. I take it that he stole it after they broke up.