Universe is a hologram

With all its deep meanings, philosophies, and religious/mythological analogies, what were the Wachowskis really trying to get across?
User avatar
Trix
Niobe
Niobe
Posts: 1122
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 3:24 pm
Location: Here
Contact:

Post by Trix »

piter wrote:I think my brain exploded :?
mine too, but i agree, i've had a semi feeling like that more than once in my lifetime, which isn't long, as i am only 15 and the world is too old, not to mntion the universe.

Omega exists, we exist

I should have died three times, I am still here, a miricale three times over, i am here for a reason, so is every body else, but my experiances have taught me we are here for a reason, we just need to find out what that reason is...
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
User avatar
Trix
Niobe
Niobe
Posts: 1122
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 3:24 pm
Location: Here
Contact:

Post by Trix »

If we are matter and energy, than we are no different than my hair dryer, so what if we are more than that? We are more than that. We are souls, for the use of a better word, inhabiting this matter and energy, we do not die, how can we? Death is the end, and if you think about it, no one in this world can imagine stopping, because it is impossible, so there is somthing after it. The 4-D aspect of this would imply that we only move forward, forever, with no begining and no end, if birth is the beginning is birth for us, then the universe must have been born, but here comes a line from one of my favorite childrens books, the one that first gave me goose bumps thinking about life, and death, mind you, at a very yound age, "Nothing comes from nothing", so the universe can't have a beginning, or an end, so if you think about it, neither can we, can we? After all, birth is only a thought of when we come out of the womb, but who is to say when life begins? When the sperm meets the egg? When the embryo attatches itself to the uterus? This is when time comes into play, at what point in time are we independant and alive? We define "alive" by a heartbeat and brain activity, do we not? What if we are forever, like the universe? Another thing, how can the universe be infinate? That would mean that measurements of any kind, time, space, do not exist, other than outside our minds. I sometimes like to think of the universe as a pacman game, go to one side, come out the other, but then I ask myself, what's outside of the Gameboy? Whats on the otherside? And what is our purpose for being here, as I said in my previous post? I'm a daydreamer, and all my thoughts are in this, every second of them. I want to crack secrets, and we are so close, everyone of us, and yet far away, I'd have to say tho, but Neo and OneSec are the closest, out of all of us. You guys rock. I'm not finished, but I've run out of words, so I'll finish this later when I've had some more time to think...
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
User avatar
Trix
Niobe
Niobe
Posts: 1122
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 3:24 pm
Location: Here
Contact:

Post by Trix »

Anonymous wrote:Neo wrote:

The car slid sideways and was probably going at least 60mph when the car was one yard off from the cliff edge and heading in the direction of the cliff edge. I remember looking towards the approaching cliff edge out of my side window and I was completely serene. I knew I was not going to die. And the moment I affirmed that in my mind completely and truly, the car literally stopped, without even a jerk, completely against all of Newton's Laws.




Hey, friend, sounds like a nice sci fi idea. Realistically, though, you can not break Newton's Laws. Not one of them. That's kind of why they are laws.

Let's see. . . If NO force is acting: A body in motion will stay in motion, a body at rest will remain at rest.

Since you were moving, I'm thinking you hit the breaks (external force). So, if you say you didn't hit the break, then you would have went over the cliff. No if ands or buts about it. You would be dead.

The fact that you are not, suggests that you hit the break and probably swerved. All of physics is dependent on that happening! :wink:

Newton's Laws are NEVER broken. NEVER! EVER! EVER! :)
Otherwise, poor Sir Isaac would be rolling in his grave . . . SEVERAL times!

I just came across this post and am seriously wondering why I didn't catch this before

Every rule can be broken

In fact, if you go up to the first post and acctually READ the article, you'll see that the entire thing that we are discussing is that reality is indeed a lie, and I'm going back to this word again and again, but the sort of debate here, at least at one side of the ring, is whether or not we are souls inhabiting this hollogram, and that every living being is not creating teir own rules, which we ultimatly follow in suit, as we have always known the rules, which deeply applies if you want to go ack to my theory that we do not die nor were we truly born, and we exist as part of the universe itself... ect ect ect...
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
User avatar
Trix
Niobe
Niobe
Posts: 1122
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 3:24 pm
Location: Here
Contact:

Post by Trix »

While I am feeling pretty on top of all the things said in here, somthing has just come across my mind, I was talking to my friend the other day about the four dimentions of the universe, which, OneSec, I thank you for bringing it into my consideration, and he had said that there were a total count so far of 11 dimensions. I wan wonderign if someone could name off the other 7...
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
Only_Human
Trainee Soldier
Trainee Soldier
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:28 pm

Post by Only_Human »

Neo wrote: And the moment I reached this enlightenment, I became holographically projected to every point in the entire universe. I could see everything and hear everything and know everything in the universe. I saw and felt and experienced every living being's thoughts in the entire universe throughout every single moment in time, past, present and future. It was not an overwhelming experience for me by any means, my consciousness and mental capacity that I now know I have (and so does everyone without even realising it) was able to cope with the infinite amount of information.
There were a couple of times where I've had similar experiences. I felt as if every point in the universe intersected through me, as if the entire universe was all in the same place. Very difficult to describe, but a very memorable experience. I realize it sounds unscientific and maybe a bit "off," but I concluded that there is a conflict between our life "energy" (perhaps "soul" if you believe that) and our fleshy, "ugly bags of mostly water." We are stuck inside this gooey thing, secreting fluids, as if we're living in some kind of swamp. We adjust to it, and for most of us, it's all the life we know. I don't want to sound too gross, but humans generally tend to dislike being in goo, gunk, and other fluidic substances. Yet, that's what life really is.

Another time I sensed a kind of "intelligence" emanating from the planets within the Solar System. I know it sounds screwy, but I got the very strong feeling that the planets themselves were living, sentient beings. It was just a feeling, and it's something that I never talk about, lest people think that I'm some kind of nut. But when I read what you wrote about your experience, I thought I'd share a similar experience. :)

Thanks for the forum.
Loctavious
Volunteer
Volunteer
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:49 pm
Location: Core Network

Post by Loctavious »

Read the article and i have to admit - quite an interesting read - especially after reading it again. However, i have to comment on Neo's statements.

I'm not sure what the level the fanbase here is/was, but the manner in which you present the statement in which you said you've seen everything both future and past is paradoxical. Metaphor allows for convenient explanations of Paradox and contradiction, but solid science doesn't like it. There has to be and "if, then" condition somewhere to allow it.

The statement that the Big Bang was just one such occurance in a string of Big bangs = an event in a cycle of events is so very tidy. But what about recent discoveries that indicate the universe's expansion is not slowing but rather accelerating? this would mean no retraction in preparation for yet another Big Bang. Reading through the statements of Neo, though the articulation of idea is sound, i get an arrogant ROLEPLAY feeling. Like someone is trying to project an image that's not true to the original form. Like someone, trying to portry themselves as one with a power of gift that sets them aside from all others. that Places them, in terms of Universal knowledge, at the very top of all human thinkers.

When i run this 'perception' through my filters of possibility, carefully noting where this is GREAT DISCOVERY is posted/stated and the manner in which it is, i come to a conclusion that it's more fantasy or VIVID ACID trip than actual true knowledge - it feels as though a very intelligent 9th grader just expressed some very Heafty ideas in as technical a manner possible (which isn't all that technical).

I don't mean disrespect (ah the true test is how this comment is received), but i'm not sure if i beleive anyone, besides highly trained and orthodox Buddhists, have any sort of visual insight into this Universe, let alone the spiritual reasons of why and how.

Highly intricate posts though.
User avatar
max314
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:07 pm
Location: The Source

Post by max314 »

Uh, Neo? With all due respect...you're scaring the shit outta me.
MAX

Image
User avatar
max314
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:07 pm
Location: The Source

Post by max314 »

2005. Wow.

That was a long time ago. A lot's changed since then.

For one thing, I've finally realised what Neo was talking about.

Pleasantly amused to see how much it scared me back then :D


"When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things."
-- 1 Corinthians 13:11
MAX

Image
User avatar
Trix
Niobe
Niobe
Posts: 1122
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 3:24 pm
Location: Here
Contact:

Post by Trix »

Something's coming together.
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
User avatar
max314
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:07 pm
Location: The Source

Post by max314 »

Trix wrote:Something's coming together.
Everything is already together.

It has always been together.

It will forever remain together.

:)
MAX

Image
User avatar
max314
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:07 pm
Location: The Source

Post by max314 »

Your last post here was in 2004, Trix. I assume you're about 20 now?
MAX

Image
User avatar
max314
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:07 pm
Location: The Source

Post by max314 »

Trix wrote:I just came across this post and am seriously wondering why I didn't catch this before

Every rule can be broken

In fact, if you go up to the first post and acctually READ the article, you'll see that the entire thing that we are discussing is that reality is indeed a lie, and I'm going back to this word again and again, but the sort of debate here, at least at one side of the ring, is whether or not we are souls inhabiting this hollogram, and that every living being is not creating teir own rules, which we ultimatly follow in suit, as we have always known the rules, which deeply applies if you want to go ack to my theory that we do not die nor were we truly born, and we exist as part of the universe itself... ect ect ect...
It's not exactly that our reality is a "lie" per se. It's merely a facet of a much larger picture. It's the end of the street that we humans exist within.

It's no less "true" than the other side of the street.

Indeed, the only "lie" (if ever there was one) is that the two sides of the street are separate. They are not.

It's the same street.
MAX

Image
User avatar
max314
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:07 pm
Location: The Source

Post by max314 »

Neo wrote:PS: Your first question may be where did the ominpotent force come from. This is beyond human comprehension as it's an infinitely layered theory - who created the creator? This is one thing that I must for now take for face value, and so must you. But in my enlightenment last year, I was faced with the promise that I will know, just not yet. This may mean I am due another enlightenment, maybe it will just become apparent to me through time, as I get older. I do not know, I just know that one day, I will comprehend... and it will be magnificent as it will be the resolution of the incredibly paradoxical question, "Who created the creator?"
He (and I'm using a generic pronoun) is self-sustaining.

In the same way that time neither started nor stopped, the same applies to "the creator".

The error comes when we apply human qualities to "the creator" and his motivations.

This is where the paradox lies and it will drive you mad trying to search for the answer :D
MAX

Image
User avatar
Trix
Niobe
Niobe
Posts: 1122
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 3:24 pm
Location: Here
Contact:

Post by Trix »

max314 wrote:Your last post here was in 2004, Trix. I assume you're about 20 now?
Nineteen, 20 at the end of the year. So yes.
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
User avatar
Trix
Niobe
Niobe
Posts: 1122
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 3:24 pm
Location: Here
Contact:

Post by Trix »

max314 wrote:
Trix wrote:Something's coming together.
Everything is already together.

It has always been together.

It will forever remain together.

:)

I'm not sure I follow. I speak about the catalyst that's going to send all of these theories that the whole world speaks of tounge-in-cheek. 2012, the indigos, the satanic slavery that we've been trying to escape for thousands of years.

I've had my own enlightenment. There's something we need to do.
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
Post Reply