Off topic posts

If you have any new ideas for the site or its forums, enter them in here. New thoughts are always welcome to further our being at one with the Matrix...
woodley
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Post by woodley »

Lets just lock this topic, as it is getting very off topic. But I do agree that pointless posts should somehow be dealt with. We need to stop it, but this, my friends, is not the way.
Dean Woodley - www.woodleynet.com - http://deanwoodley.blogspot.com - Mac OS X user, ignore my avatar
Neo
The One
The One

Post by Neo »

Listen, everyone. A lot of people are still posting off-topic posts or lame meaningless posts. I created the Recycling Centre for dumping these, but I am now having to resort to just deleting them because there are that many.

A prime example is this topic: viewtopic.php?t=105

Look at the quality and length of all the posts in this topic. I had to just delete two posts from the end as in comparison they were just pointless or added little value.

From now on, please look at the previous posts in a topic to see what sort of quality of reply those people are expecting. If there are 10 posts consisting of 1000 words each, then a reply of "Yes, that's definitely true, I agree LOL" will just be deleted.

If this carries on, there may have to be more drastic action taken. Such as locking any topic where deletions have to be made, or even penalising the posters of lame posts somehow.

This board is one of the highest quality Matrix boards on the Internet. Please help keep it that way.

Neo
Dodge this!

:2gunfire: :robot:
woodley
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Post by woodley »

But Neo, are you actually asking that we only write large posts like that? I realize that posts like, "I agree," and other stuff like that are pointless, but I personally have tried to cut down on off topic posts that I write. But I can't just write huge posts like the ones in the example you gave. Thats not what you want, I'll do it sometimes, and I'll always write posts that are short and pointless.
Dean Woodley - www.woodleynet.com - http://deanwoodley.blogspot.com - Mac OS X user, ignore my avatar