'MxO, one or the other!'

If you have any new ideas for the site or its forums, enter them in here. New thoughts are always welcome to further our being at one with the Matrix...
OneSec
Commander
Commander

'MxO, one or the other!'

Post by OneSec »

Neo

You've done a cracking job with the MxO Collaboration thread, however;

When the MxO launches in October there's going to be three different categories of characters: 'Machinists', 'Zionists' and Exile Sympathizers.

Because of this (I know this is going to be a lot of work for you), how about three different threads one for each of the classes of MxO players so that people can meet with others in their chosen field, without having to associate with their PVP enemies?
gamer9190
Ghost
Ghost
Location: Sitting at my computer desk, night after night, looking for him.....

Post by gamer9190 »

good idea OneSec. I like the way you think.
"Do you think that's air you're breathing? Hm?"

I have a forum called general insanity. bottom of the page. open to the public. Just to chat. Follow my rules, or i will ban you from it, if i can do that. If not, i'll just delete your posts.
Neo
The One
The One

Post by Neo »

Yes this sounds like a good idea. However, I will have to devise a way to prevent members of different factions entering enemy Usergroups to get into forums they shouldn't be browsing. It would be easy for someone to say that they are a Machinist when in fact they are a Zionist just so that they can obtain secret information from the Machinists forum.

A method of identity verification will be devised to avoid this possibility. But this sounds like a fantastic idea.
Dodge this!

:2gunfire: :robot:
woodley
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Post by woodley »

Yeah, good idea, OneSec.
Dean Woodley - www.woodleynet.com - http://deanwoodley.blogspot.com - Mac OS X user, ignore my avatar
woodley
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Post by woodley »

I have an idea about how to verify that someone is indeed a part of your group:

Why dont we just give all the people in The MxO Collaboratin a chance to register with one group, and you cannot change your registration until you leave the gropu. For example, if youre a Zionist, you register with the Zionist forum, and if you are gonna go into another forum you cant until you cancel your membership with the Zionist forum. And to reinforce it even more, we give everyone a code to enter the forum with, I was thinking a four to five digit verification code to access whatever forum you are a member of.

Although there might have to be some reinforcement plans to use as back up, but I'll leave that to you Neo... :lol:
Dean Woodley - www.woodleynet.com - http://deanwoodley.blogspot.com - Mac OS X user, ignore my avatar
Neo
The One
The One

Post by Neo »

That is fine, but it doesn't stop someone being a member of one faction in MxO (say, the Machinists) and then being a member of the Zionists Usergroup here without ever actually becoming a member of the Machinists Usergroup here. Sure, they won't have access to secret Machinists information, but they will have unauthorised access to Zionists information. And this could easily be circumvented by creating two forum accounts under the same person - one being a member of the Zionists Usergroup, the other being a member of the Machinists Usergroup.

So, somehow a verification method that ties in with the MxO infrastructure must be devised. I will work on this...
Dodge this!

:2gunfire: :robot:
Ghost
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Ghost »

Yeah it would be quite hard to stop peekers going into the wrong group. People who do that though arent good sports! They should play fairly although you do get people who like to do that.
"Les Chercheurs" has been created and it is my crew. For anyone who is interested on joining "Les Chercheurs" please PM me or email me. Also you can find more information on the crews homepage http://leschercheurs.bravehost.com
woodley
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Post by woodley »

People these days...

So unpredictable!! :D