Have Your Very Own Forum!

If you have any new ideas for the site or its forums, enter them in here. New thoughts are always welcome to further our being at one with the Matrix...
Neo
The One
The One

Have Your Very Own Forum!

Post by Neo »

A new concept in forums is about to take place on this board. How would you like to have your own forum - you decide what goes on in there. You have complete administration rights of your own board, give it your own name and your own description. You control who goes in there, who doesn't and you can even decide what topics are discussed.

You may want it to be a playground for MxO gamers only, or maybe you want to keep it open only to people who wear Matrix shades indoors or Trinity look-a-likes only. Make it a discussion board for a particular religion or belief, anything you decide. It's your forum.

This is open to anyone, and all you have to do is reply to this post or PM me with the following details:
  1. Forum name
  2. Forum description
  3. Forum permissions: whether the forum should be 'Public', 'Registered', 'Registered [Hidden]'. 'Private', 'Private [Hidden]' (see definitions below)
If you decide to have a 'Private' forum, you must also provide a description for your Usergroup. In this case, the only people who will be able to access your forum will be members of your Usergroup. Registered users may request membership via the 'Usergroups' link at the top-right of their screen, which you may then approve or deny.

All the details are at the discretion of the Site Administrator (me) and in particular, forum permissions will be based on your activity within the forum. If your activity is low on the board or your forum is not very active or well-maintained, your forum will be given 'Private [Hidden]' status so it will only be visible to those who become members of your Usergroup (which will be created if one doesn't already exist).

The position of your forum in the Forum Index will be dependent on its activity, popularity and relevance, at the sole discretion of the Site Administrator. So expect this to change from time to time...

So, now some definitions:
  • 'Public': Can be seen and posted to by all
    'Registered': Can be seen by all but only posted to by registered users
    'Registered [Hidden]': Can only be seen and posted to by registered users
    'Private': Can be seen by all but only posted to by members of your Usergroup
    'Private [Hidden]': Can only be seen and posted to by members of your Usergroup
So get thinking, what do you want to talk about in your own forum?
Last edited by Neo on Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dodge this!

:2gunfire: :robot:
woodley
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Post by woodley »

Awesome, heres my forum...

A site for anyone who wants to know the truth, mabye called Truth Seekers.

The above describes it all. And by that the description.

I would like it to be a Private(hidden) usergroup.

Thank you Neo. I would like instructions on how to make a forum of my own, please pm me with that and all other info needed. Thank you!!
Dean Woodley - www.woodleynet.com - http://deanwoodley.blogspot.com - Mac OS X user, ignore my avatar
Ghost
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Ghost »

Neo that is sooo cool!!!! That means when MxO comes out we can have different forums for different MxO player types! COOL!! :D :D :lol:
"Les Chercheurs" has been created and it is my crew. For anyone who is interested on joining "Les Chercheurs" please PM me or email me. Also you can find more information on the crews homepage http://leschercheurs.bravehost.com
Ghost
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Ghost »

Yeah Neo, could you send me the information too. Or havent you finished it yet?
"Les Chercheurs" has been created and it is my crew. For anyone who is interested on joining "Les Chercheurs" please PM me or email me. Also you can find more information on the crews homepage http://leschercheurs.bravehost.com
woodley
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Post by woodley »

Ghost, would you like to join mine...
Dean Woodley - www.woodleynet.com - http://deanwoodley.blogspot.com - Mac OS X user, ignore my avatar
Trinityisdabest
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Trinityisdabest »

oooh, i just noticed this post! stupid crazy comp! -bashes it- o.O it always marks my topics read if i close the window before looking at all the new posts. anyways COOLNESS!! BWAHAHA!!! -thinks furiously- i shall get back to you if i decide on a good forum...
Trix
Niobe
Niobe

Post by Trix »

Hm...

I'd like one called "Star Gazers" if that would be ok, it should mostly revolve around the whole "Universe is a Hollogam" type thing, I might even ask you to move that post there if it's ok.. lol

I'd like it to be registered tho...
In the eyes of a dream, I'll always be watching you

~Trix~
Neo
The One
The One

Post by Neo »

A new rule for these members' forums that must be adhered to at all times: Topics must not be moved out of a member's forum into any of the non-members' forums, not even the Recycling Centre. It may be moved to another member's forum at the permission of that forum's moderator(s).

If any topics are found in the core forums that originated in the members' forums, they will be deleted irreversably.

Please note that all topics that have been moved up to now have now been moved back to their original forums.
Dodge this!

Ghost
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Ghost »

Can I just ask Neo? Why?
Neo
The One
The One

Post by Neo »

The members' forums are for members to use and moderate and control however they like. The core forums are controlled and moderated by me. The way you govern your forums may not be inline with the way the core forums are governed and what is acceptable in your forums may not be acceptable in the core forums.

And the members' forums are there for a reason - for you to control without needing to be a moderator on the core forums.

Hope this answers your question...

Neo
Dodge this!

gamer9190
Ghost
Ghost
Location: Sitting at my computer desk, night after night, looking for him.....

Post by gamer9190 »

okay, my forum idea. It would be called "General Insanity". Description:

This is the place to post all your topics and thoughts about anything non-matrix related. Played a cool videogame? Talk about it here. Need help with something? Talk about it here. This forum is opened to everyone and will be moderated by me, and any posts i feel are off topic or stupid will be locked and/or deleted. Just a warning. Come visit. :)

End Description

I want it to be public. Thank you for your consideration. :)
"Do you think that's air you're breathing? Hm?"

I have a forum called general insanity. bottom of the page. open to the public. Just to chat. Follow my rules, or i will ban you from it, if i can do that. If not, i'll just delete your posts.
Wood

Post by Wood »

I'm not logging in right now to test something, but I would like a new forum, a mix between truth seekers, the rabbit hole, and star gazers:

Name: The Ones'
Permissions: Private
Description: Discuss creation, philosophy, life, and even death in here...

Thanks! 8)
woodley
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Post by woodley »

That last post was by me. I have decided that I want to change the description, here it is:

Description: Discuss hacking, creation, philosophy, life, and even death in here...
Neo
The One
The One

Post by Neo »

I am having to impose a new rule on the members' forums.
But first, let me explain the reason for the members' forums and what they were not intended to do. The members' forums are for extra discussion outside of the core forums, but more to the point for discussion that would not belong in the core forums. What they are not intended to do is detract from the use of the core forums.

I am beginning to see some discussion taking place in the members' forums that should belong in the core forums. And some of this is even taking place in the private hidden forums. The core forums are named according to what their content should be and this is where users of the board will look for related topics. And furthermore, they cannot access some members' forums unless they become a member of the associated Usergroups.

So to help resolve such occurrences, the new rule is: Any topics that are found that should be in the core forums will be moved to the appropriate forum. Sometimes, a topic that has digressed to a discussion that should be in the core forums may be split off to do this. The moved topic will leave a shadow in the original forum.

I understand that there are some members' forums that already touch on subjects belonging in the core forums, namely MxO ('Les Chercheurs'), Fan-Fiction ('Freedom Fighters'), Philosophy, Religion & Mythology ('Star Gazers' and 'Truth Seekers' and 'The Ones'). There is a lot of overlap with these forums and these forums may have to be combined or changed to concentrate on a particular aspect of these subjects. I will consider this further in the near future.
Dodge this!

Ghost
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Ghost »

Neo. The forum 'Les Chercheurs' does contain information about MxO but that is because it is an MxO crew. I dont see any information in my forum that belongs in any other forum because all topics in 'Les Chercheurs' are about the crew and not info on MxO. I do get what you mean though. But the Star Gazers forum must contain information that would belong in Philosophy, Religion & Mythology because thats mostly what the whole forum is about. Also the purpose of the Freedom Fighters forum is to gather information about other peoples ideas about scripts and then to put them all together to form one big script. So the entire idea of the forum is based on fan fiction. Same with 'The Ones' forum too.

I know what you mean by this rule but most of the members' forums depend on information that would belong in the core forums. I think you should have applied this rule before you made some of the members' forums and if you think the forum purpose runs along side one of the core forums then state this rule to the member asking for the particular forum to be made. Although this is a bit late for some of the forums already in existance.