Lets write a sci-fi story as a collective

If you have any new ideas for the site or its forums, enter them in here. New thoughts are always welcome to further our being at one with the Matrix...
Boxer R65
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Lets write a sci-fi story as a collective

Post by Boxer R65 »

This idea was inspired by Trix with the story she posted on July/09/04.

How about a section that allows us to write a sci-fi story together as a collective?

One person starts the sci-fi story off and then while only one user at-a-time can write their part of the continuing story more than one user can read what's there at any time. Whoever accesses the 'continue story section' first gets to continue on with what they think happens next.

We could have an amount allowed per user that they can write ( so we dont have one user going on for pages and pages) with the purpose of the exercise being that the story must have a beginning, middle and an end. The administrator could edit where deemed necessary.

The only challenge I can see is the format. Currently the set-up of these message windows would not work for a story. We can use the message windows to write up our part; however once we submit our piece it should attach itself to the story in an undending sequence or words, sentences
and paragraphs.

Wha'd'ya'think?

:!:
Retro
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Retro »

I like that idea, kool count me in.
It'll be nice working with proper villians again.
Trinityisdabest
Smith Clone
Smith Clone

Post by Trinityisdabest »

i think that is a great idea, though i am usually not one to take the time to read all of a post or even post.. :?
woodley
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Post by woodley »

This sounds good. I'm working on some other large projects but I'll do my best if you'd want me in.
Dean Woodley - www.woodleynet.com - http://deanwoodley.blogspot.com - Mac OS X user, ignore my avatar
Boxer R65
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by Boxer R65 »

ok - lets start this. I'll begin this first story - see topic called 'TROY':
viewtopic.php?t=493

As general guidelines go, try to keep your entry to 500 words or less as you should be able to forward the story in that amount of words. Lets work on having a beginning, middle and end for each story. If you get an idea for another story by all means start a new Subject and begin the story. Nothing wrong with have 2 or 3 story lines going. However, lets not begin a story because it becomes too challenging to continue the plot of what we are currently working on ( as well as too many storylines will just become confusing). Notice what tense the story is being written in and match it. Finally, for continuity sakes, try and use the same voice as is introduced at the beginning of each story( unless of course we write a story where we deliberately try and insert as many literary genres as possible into it).

Maybe in a few months I can poll everyone on which story was the best, and why each of us liked it.

Sorry I'm starting this here if that's not where its supposed to go. If it should go in its own forum well then I would appreciate it if someone would set that up as I don't know how to do that - Woodley? Can I take you up on your kind offer?
Boxer R65
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by Boxer R65 »

Trinity 16: You attached your comments about the story TROY ( which is fine - you are entitled to your opinion), except that your comments did not continue the narrative. You probably should have written your comments on this post - Comments/Suggestions and not in the Fan Fiction section where the beginning of TROY is posted.

I only began a story - its up to others to continue with the narrative. While I tried to include enough mysterious things going on to assume a sci-fi genre, I didn't make it Matrix-esque. However, that doesn't mean some clever person ( such as yourself) cannot move the narrative in a matrix-esque direction.

As well, feel free to start a new story.
Trinity16
Trinity
Trinity

Post by Trinity16 »

okay, I understand the thing now, but i was away for the summer and had very little time to update myself with the things going on in the forums. Thats why I was unaware of the subject posted in hear. I am truely sory, I will try to catch up with the everything, now that I am back. :)
Where do we go when we just don't know
And how do we relight the flame when it's cold
Why do we dream when I thought mean nothing
And when will we learn to control.
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

:o I never noticed this topic until now, sorry if it looked liek i was stealing your idea Boxer, but i swear i never knew about this!
ThomasAnderson
Senior Council Member
Senior Council Member

Post by ThomasAnderson »

OMG, you're right Apollo. Maybe it's just a wild coincedince!
If anyone's up for MSN games, check me. I'm TwistedNerve303.
Trug
The Blue Pill
The Blue Pill

Post by Trug »

If there is anything I have learned in my many years on this planet (16 counts as many!!!) is that there is no such thing as a coincidence. It just isn't real, maybe you have viewed this before apollo, and your subconcience blocked it out so that you could look good, or maybe it is the aliens again, I KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE, YOU BASTARDS!!!!

Ahem...

Anyways, the point is this. There is no coincidence, everything happens on purpose, and even if you don't know it, it is true.
In the shadow of a memory, life becomes legend.
Existence goes on, but the myth will never end.
Passing down the story to the next of kin.
I'm kept here in the darkness, where I have always been.
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

prove there are no coincidences!

the fact is i NEVER seen this post before (until i posted that is) so this is a coincidence in its best form, i'm sure Boxer will agree that great minds think alike
Trug
The Blue Pill
The Blue Pill

Post by Trug »

Not what I meant... there are no coincidences, as in you made the "Proposition" thing instead of boxer because someone or something wanted it.
Apollo
Seraph
Seraph

Post by Apollo »

but Boxer did make hers

i just didnt realise it
Trug
The Blue Pill
The Blue Pill

Post by Trug »

Oh, I see. But you made yours about the matrix, and hers was about troy... i think. I didn't have time to read it all, I am making food, watching tv, talking to my friend on the computer, and listening to late 90s music, which sucks.