The Recycle Bin

If you have any new ideas for the site or its forums, enter them in here. New thoughts are always welcome to further our being at one with the Matrix...
woodley
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

The Recycle Bin

Post by woodley »

OK, I've thought about this and I've made a decision.

Generally my posts don't get responded to by Neo unless they're really important, but let's hope he sees and considers this.

Though I realise many of my posts are in the Recycle Bin, I have to say it's an insult to this board. I, for one, have decided to stop looking at it. This forum has great potential, but no the bulk forums are filled with this cr*p too. Pretty soon I'm going to stop looking at them too. Moving the spam in this board would take days, not to mention finding it all. I do not mean to tell the administration what to do, all I mean to do is make a point. Do what I do on forums I moderate: delete it. Of the 12,000 posts on this site, I'd have to say that more than half of them were good topics that evolved into 3+ page long cr*p fests. So delete it. Bring back this forum's good name. And I do not believe in banning for this kind of behaviour, however I believe in simplay reminding the user politely that this board is for serious discussion and not for pointless posts.

I also do not mean to say that any person on this site is the cause of this, it is all our fault.

Thank you,

Woodley
Dean Woodley - www.woodleynet.com - http://deanwoodley.blogspot.com - Mac OS X user, ignore my avatar
Neo
The One
The One

Post by Neo »

This board is still moderated, and you will find many topics being moved or split off into the Recycling Centre (look at the dates of the latest topics in there). Of course, some slip through the net and please bring to my attention anything you think should not be in the core forums.
Dodge this!

:2gunfire: :robot:
woodley
Agent Smith
Agent Smith

Post by woodley »

OK. I shall e-mail you if I find anything off topic. I would not like to backseat moderate (or continue doing so) so thus I'll leave it up to Neo.
Dean Woodley - www.woodleynet.com - http://deanwoodley.blogspot.com - Mac OS X user, ignore my avatar
Trug
The Blue Pill
The Blue Pill

Post by Trug »

I agree with woodley, this is getting out of control. I also agree that it is not one person't fault, but the entire community for putting up with it. I will also notify the administration if I find a uncontrollable spam.... well, I found some uncontrollable spam, his name is DEAN WOODY
In the shadow of a memory, life becomes legend.
Existence goes on, but the myth will never end.
Passing down the story to the next of kin.
I'm kept here in the darkness, where I have always been.